Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im helping my friend build a new gaming rig and this is what I have

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The HD will be a 640 caviar blue and the gpu is a 9500GT (I know its really bad but he will pick up a 5770 or 5850 in a few weeks probably!)

What do you guys think? Is it a good build the budgets $600 bucks and this is the best I could do

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Skip the RipJaws and get G.Skill ECO's

And skip the Asus Crosshair IV and get a Biostar TA790FXE.

The G.Skill ECO's are just an alternative because the Ripjaws have big heatsinks that have trouble fitting under some heatsinks. And they do not work well on the AMD platform.

Biostar board is chosen because it's:
1.) The best value
2.) A record setting board for all types of cooling. And has one of THE BEST BIOS out right now

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
G.Skill makes AWESOME memory and it's top quality but I haven't had a fun experience with G.Skill and my AM3 board especially those gaming ripjaws, a lot of people have a time with getting them stable as I did, I'd go with Team Elite or Guile RAM.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I second the Biostar board suggestion. I have read reviews on it. It truely is an amazing board for it's price.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by greg8west
View Post

Ok Im gonna go with that board and ram! Thanks alot!

I hope you read my post and know what you *might* be getting into with that G.Skill RAM, I spent 3 HOURS getting it stable at 1600MhZ where it should be, you may just have to set the frequency in the BIOS but mine wouldn't POST after that :/ good luck!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ight
View Post

I hope you read my post and know what you *might* be getting into with that G.Skill RAM, I spent 3 HOURS getting it stable at 1600MhZ where it should be, you may just have to set the frequency in the BIOS but mine wouldn't POST after that :/ good luck!

I had no problems running at 1600 with the G.Skill's.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by greg8west
View Post

Here is what I am getting

That is a really good build! Your friend will surely enjoy it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts