Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an AMD 7850 and have installed the newest AMD driver (14.12) after uninstalling old ones using DDU. However, I'm having a weird issue with desktop color settings. Whenever I alt-tab out of a game (CS:GO), my colors go back to default sometimes. When I alt-tab again, my color settings are back. This happens randomly, anyone else experience this?

Edit: Now I'm not sure if it's my color/brightness settings. It's just switches from super colorful/bright to boring/dull randomly when I alt-tab out of a game.

·
Fan Man
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond10 View Post

Hello,

I have an AMD 7850 and have installed the newest AMD driver (14.12) after uninstalling old ones using DDU. However, I'm having a weird issue with desktop color settings. Whenever I alt-tab out of a game (CS:GO), my colors go back to default sometimes. When I alt-tab again, my color settings are back. This happens randomly, anyone else experience this?

Edit: Now I'm not sure if it's my color/brightness settings. It's just switches from super colorful/bright to boring/dull randomly when I alt-tab out of a game.
"... my colors go back to default sometimes" What's default on your PC ?

Your monitor's color behavior may be controlled via its .inf, which CCC reads when you have that checked ON via EDID. (CCC > My Digital Flat Panels > Display Color).

Windows controls its color settings via Control Panel > Control Management, you might want to check there too.

Oh, edit: overclocking as well as using mods can cause randomly (depending on heavy load some times) to crash the driver and Windows to decide to revert to basic color settings, especially with older games.
You could:
  • Reduce the overclock,
  • doubt the mod's quality.
  • defragment your system
  • make sure your harddiskdrive is not almost full
  • make sure antivirus and system protection software is turned off
  • make sure background activity (other programs) is reduced to minimal

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Yeah that only happens to me when I do suicide runs in Firestrike. As long as I am not pushing the overclocks I don't experience that issue.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never overclocked this video card, plenty of hard drive space left. I think it might be a problem specifically with CS:GO. It simply won't launch with my brightness/contrast settings in CCC.

·
Fan Man
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond10 View Post

[...] I think it might be a problem specifically with CS:GO. It simply won't launch with my brightness/contrast settings in CCC.
That's possible. That your settings are pushing the card too much.
I would advise you to do your settings in the ingame menu adjustments (rather than in CCC).
Being a Source game it should be pretty standard anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts