Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there... I just joined the "other side"... At least temporarily. I picked up a dual core athlon laptop with a radeon 3100 mobile graphics chip in it. I was wondering how to overclock this beast and where I might find performance spec's on it... Like how does it compare to similar nvidia mobile graphics chips?

Would greatly appreciate any help you guys could send my way, I'm a total ATI n00b...

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmreeves
View Post

I take it these don't overclock very well?

Well just overclocking a laptop in general because there very poor at dissipating heat, especially because yours has discrete graphics AND the fact that you want to overclock both of them. You could try clockgen to software overclock your cpu but i wont guarantee results.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Just dn't try man lol, if you must RivaTuner. but really it will just melt and like he said, set you're pants on fire. not worth it for the performance/life ratio of the laptop

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the truth of the matter is that this thing is pretty close to having games be playable at low resolutions...I think if I could squeeze just a little more performance 5-10% out of it I might have some decent results. Thanks for all your tips guys.

It might not be worth it... not only for the reasons you listed, but include the cost of replacing my pants with burnt holes in them from the dripping plastic and now I'm really in the hole.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmreeves
View Post

Well the truth of the matter is that this thing is pretty close to having games be playable at low resolutions...I think if I could squeeze just a little more performance 5-10% out of it I might have some decent results. Thanks for all your tips guys.

It might not be worth it... not only for the reasons you listed, but include the cost of replacing my pants with burnt holes in them from the dripping plastic and now I'm really in the hole.

Really "in the hole"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts