Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
I have been using it for a while, ever since I started using Omega drivers (Omegas come with ATI Tray Tools) and I love it since it allows me to overclock, auto overclclock for 2D/3D and even for specific games and it has an OSD (on screen display) that shows my FPS like Fraps and also it allows me to have my GPU temp be shown in my system tray and it tracks the high, low, average and current temps so it is really handy, for instance right now I have my X800XL OCed to 430/550 and my temps are 37, max 37 and min 36 since I just rebooted and I havent played any games since the last time I rebooted, totally kills ATI Tool

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one is the newest version, just released, it has a registry edit feature included, which is very helpful!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalman2785

This one is the newest version, just released, it has a registry edit feature included, which is very helpful!

Hi Metalman,

This is the newest version, but being a little un-informed. How is editing the registry helpful?? Are there parameters an overclocker would want to change or review?? Can you give an example??

Let me know, :)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bwomp969

does this work with nvidia also?

For nvdia rivatuner or coolbits works best.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 455buick

Hi Metalman,

This is the newest version, but being a little un-informed. How is editing the registry helpful?? Are there parameters an overclocker would want to change or review?? Can you give an example??

Let me know, :)

Basically you open the program and go into the tweaks section. In the Direct 3D and Open GL tabs check off all of the boxes. This will improve your benchmarking scores by a few hundered points. My Aquamark, 3D01,03 and 05 scores all went up by using this registry edit feature.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by m|dg3t

I assume no nVidia support?
ATI Tool has nVidia support

I think the overclocking utility will probably work with NVIDIA cards. Thenew feature of registry editing will most likely not be supported by NVIDIA cards.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
I use ati tray tools with the omega drivers and have had very good results
What is the difference in the new version compared to the one previous?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuchan

I use ati tray tools with the omega drivers and have had very good results
What is the difference in the new version compared to the one previous?

The only difference is the registry tweaks. It allows you to change some registry key settings that you could not do before.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If i uncheck all the boxes my card will get higher benchmarks??????????

Alright i tried it and it made my score go down to 4969, im guessing theres specififc ones i should uncheck?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Well even though W1zzard and I (W1zzard writes the ATI Tool) we have our differences(and he doesn't care for my bluntness) but it is a good tool and it does almost all of what it says (compatibility probs) he works on it a lot and I admire him for his diligence on it, but at this time the tray tools is a much more stable release of an ATI overclocking utility with many more features available...(sorry for the personal interjections lol)

·
Registered
189 Posts
ok this program is nice

but i got some concerns im using this to overclock a x1600xt
600mhz core
700mhz memoryx2 1400mhz

but you all know that the 5.13 catalyst has overclocking and it sux
so do i uninstall it and lock the x1600 and only use tray tool?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy956

ok this program is nice

but i got some concerns im using this to overclock a x1600xt
600mhz core
700mhz memoryx2 1400mhz

but you all know that the 5.13 catalyst has overclocking and it sux
so do i uninstall it and lock the x1600 and only use tray tool?

Keep catalyst, just use the ATI tool to oc.

I will say this again:

To get better 3D marks go to:

Tweaks
Advanced Tweaks
Direct 3D tab - CHECK ALL
Open GL tab - CHECK ALL

ez, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts