Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried flashing my bios with a <span style="font-size:xx-small;">modded</span> one. It failed, i tried resetting cmos, unplugging psu and taking out battery, pressing power button a few times, nothings working. I'm thinking i need a new mobo anyways but is there anyway to fix this my self? I dont want to order a new bios chip because i can get a cheaper mobo from jrabb... And i dont think ECS will send me a new chip because im out of warranty

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Try doing an extended CMOS clearing and see if that works. I really don't know that the difference would be from 20 seconds or 2 hours without the battery in, but there are people that swear it makes a difference. Did you by chance leave your altered bios settings installed in your bios when you switched to the modded bios? If you did, for future reference just remember to adjust back to the default settings before you flash to a new bios.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yes, there is nothing wrong with doing that. I hope it works.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Could you get a new BIOS chip from ECS? This was an option given by Asus when I had an issue.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
<a href="http://www.biosman.com/" target="_blank">http://www.biosman.com/</a>

·
Banned
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im trying to get one from ecs, and fishie, those are like 25 bucks, my mobo is a piece of crap, ill just get a better one fron jrabb for that price!

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>geekedittilitghz</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">im trying to get one from ecs, and fishie, those are like 25 bucks, my mobo is a piece of crap, ill just get a better one fron jrabb for that price!</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Yeah I guess it's only worth it if you have a nice mobo.

·
Banned
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i cant find the number for them but i sent a "request" or whatever, but even so the mobo from jrab will get me past 2.32... and i dont have to risk anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts