Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new options are for tweaking the cores of the chip. Now, the original BIOS flash was dated 2009 and maybe chips didn't have multiple cores back then. The BIOS flash I hit my board with is dated 2011 and gives me options to tweak the cores. One option is called "Unleashing Cores" or something like that.

Does anyone here have any experience tweaking these cores?

I have an AMD 3.2 Phenom IV Black Edition that has been overclocked to 3.57 for 3 years and has been running hard those 3 years. I believe I had the multiplier at 17 and the FSB at 210 without any voltage increase.

My whole 3 year old setup is SATA II which, at the time was the newest thing. I just bought an SSD SATA III which can't do too much being pumped through a SATA II board but I am going to install a SATA III PCI Controller Card which and when I do, I shouldn't need my CPU pump up so hard any more. I'm looking for a speed for my CPU like 3.45. Somewhhere between stock 3.2 and the 3.57 I have now. Just want my chip to work a little less hard and last a little longer.

So can anyone with experience recommend settings for my chip that are around the 3.45 speed and are stable???? Thanks.

·
The Computer Guy
6,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRONCFAN View Post

The new options are for tweaking the cores of the chip. Now, the original BIOS flash was dated 2009 and maybe chips didn't have multiple cores back then. The BIOS flash I hit my board with is dated 2011 and gives me options to tweak the cores. One option is called "Unleashing Cores" or something like that.
Does anyone here have any experience tweaking these cores?
I have an AMD 3.2 Phenom IV Black Edition that has been overclocked to 3.57 for 3 years and has been running hard those 3 years. I believe I had the multiplier at 17 and the FSB at 210 without any voltage increase.
My whole 3 year old setup is SATA II which, at the time was the newest thing. I just bought an SSD SATA III which can't do too much being pumped through a SATA II board but I am going to install a SATA III PCI Controller Card which and when I do, I shouldn't need my CPU pump up so hard any more. I'm looking for a speed for my CPU like 3.45. Somewhhere between stock 3.2 and the 3.57 I have now. Just want my chip to work a little less hard and last a little longer.
So can anyone with experience recommend settings for my chip that are around the 3.45 speed and are stable???? Thanks.
Clicking Unleashing Cores won't do anything for the quad-core,It's only for x6 cores with x2 core disabled.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRONCFAN View Post

Where is the adjustment for the NB? Can't find it anywhere in BIOS.
CPUNB or IMC. It should be a multiplier value, and it also has a voltage, commonly referred to as CPUNB or VDDNB. Should be in the overclocking portion of the board, near the CPU options.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MisterM you had me laughing at the possiblity of my case's ambient temp being -10 degrees!!!!
smile.gif

I believe the NB frequency is around 2000mhz and I have the CPU/NB voltage at 1.25.

CPU Multiplier at 17. FSB at 208. PCIE Frequency at 205. I only have 2 of the 4 cores "unlocked" as the BIOS says and O'C'd at +4%. Wish I knew what that meant. I have Win 7 installed on my SSD and one of the other standard drives. Allows me to have all of my programs installed on two drives just in case I need one drive focused on one task I can have the other running the proggys I have running at the same time. I also like to have the back up in case something happens to my SSD.

Windows shows me running at 3.54 which is just slightly less than the 3.57 I was running for 3 years but for those 3 years I had NOTHING else tweaked. Just the mulitplier and FSB, that was it. Nothing with the NB and no voltage increases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.