Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a new computer hopefully but however am on a fairly small budget. I am planning to go with these items but if u have any other suggestions on other items that are around the same price ill be happy to read. I also plan to overclock this computer and play games such as B2 and CS:S.

Opteron 146 or 148

1 GB (2x512) PC-4800 OCZ Dual Channell Platinum

XFX GeForce 7800 GT

DFI LP UT NForce Ultra-D

OCZ Modstream 520W

Thermaltake Big Typhoon

Maxtor 200 GB 16MB Cache

These are all the parts i need right now as i have drives and a case allready.

·
Banned
151 Posts
That's a really nice setup. I'd definately recommend the Opty 148 over the 146 though. If you want to save a few bucks on the CPU, you could always go with a 3700, but I think an Opty 148 would be more overclockable and you would get overall better performance.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -relk-

ya i pretty much am limited cuz i cant order from newegg cuz they dont deliver to canada

Thats a shame... You system is great though.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Onething that i noticed was the 146 is a socket 940, but i would definately go with the 148 u can surely hit 2.8ghz with an ease..on the ram part i had that same issue ether to pick ocz or g.skills i choose g.skill seen alot of reviews and worth the try. if u wanna save money on ram u can get the geil ultra series from zipzoomfly.com and i believe they deliver to canada too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts