Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I just finished some upgrades etc

Current BUild Sable Qx9650 Stable on Air @ 3.83 (can hit 4.07 but temps peak over 60) Will learn how to do a water cooling system one of these days.

3x BFG OC GTX 280 Cards Tri SLi 695/1220/

4 GB Corsair XMS3 @ 7-7-7-20 1T

Case is Antec 1200

So I'm now looking at upgrading Ram -F'in PC2000 Corsair is a rippoff! so looking for 2x2GB sticks that can run 2000mhz linked with qx9650/Asus S2E

I have 4x 7.2k 320Gb barracuda's in raid 0 I swear it feels like it might be slower then my single 10k Raptor - Go with SSD's in raid 0? (link what you like) or upgrade to a few new Raptors?

What other goodies should i look at? (although I seem to be running low on space
)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not too sure about the ram, still on DDR2 but when i used to have raid, it really did seem slower than single drives. even when they were the same drives that were RAIDed. I'm not sure what it could be, maybe try some 1TBs on their own, ive seen in reviews theyre faster than raptors because of the high data density, and you wont be running out of space any time soon either.
As for other goodies, maybe grab yourself a TRUE, you should be able to hold that 4Ghz, and with a monitor like yours, maybe a HD TV tuner, i would imagine it would look pretty good on a screen like that
and if you want to go the extra mile you could get a blueray or hd-dvd drive if you wanted

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectEffekt View Post
Not too sure about the ram, still on DDR2 but when i used to have raid, it really did seem slower than single drives. even when they were the same drives that were RAIDed. I'm not sure what it could be, maybe try some 1TBs on their own, ive seen in reviews theyre faster than raptors because of the high data density, and you wont be running out of space any time soon either.
As for other goodies, maybe grab yourself a TRUE, you should be able to hold that 4Ghz, and with a monitor like yours, maybe a HD TV tuner, i would imagine it would look pretty good on a screen like that
and if you want to go the extra mile you could get a blueray or hd-dvd drive if you wanted

Yah I have a xps 420 with blue ray for my 52" Samsung

and still have my xps 720 with blueray (may either buy another blue ray or just swap the one out of the xps. you have a link to the True? I went looking and found a few different ones. As for space I have like 6TB accross the network

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, i am not from the US so cant give you links to places to shop as i have never had any reason to look, but basicly there are 2 TRUE models, the standard TRUE and the TRUE black, the black is more expensive but looks better, IMO. I am getting the TRUE black soon hopefully, will be lapping it upon getting it too, i have seen people shave up to 10c off from laping their TRUE's and cpu's. But as for buying one, just look around and see which is cheapest, but also from a reliable dealer.
And another thing with the true, you will need your own fans, and the fans i would reccomend vary depending on how much noise you would want etc.
And i sure as hell wish i had 6TB

EDIT: Manufacturers Web Page for both TRUEs:
TRUE Black
TRUE Regular
And ther is also a limited edition copper one, however i would definately not recommend it due to weight, i doubt you could get your hands on one anyway:
TRUE Copper

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectEffekt
View Post

Well, i am not from the US so cant give you links to places to shop as i have never had any reason to look, but basicly there are 2 TRUE models, the standard TRUE and the TRUE black, the black is more expensive but looks better, IMO. I am getting the TRUE black soon hopefully, will be lapping it upon getting it too, i have seen people shave up to 10c off from laping their TRUE's and cpu's. But as for buying one, just look around and see which is cheapest, but also from a reliable dealer.
And another thing with the true, you will need your own fans, and the fans i would reccomend vary depending on how much noise you would want etc.
And i sure as hell wish i had 6TB

EDIT: Manufacturers Web Page for both TRUEs:
TRUE Black
TRUE Regular
And ther is also a limited edition copper one, however i would definately not recommend it due to weight, i doubt you could get your hands on one anyway:
TRUE Copper

Great off to order the black version thank you

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dont forget to order at least one fan with it, two to shave a few more degrees off, high flow fans are best. i would reccomend some of scythes, but there are many other good fan manufacturers out there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts