Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a 3570k on an Asrock z77 fatality pro and it won't post in dual channel mode. if I install both sticks of ram it gives me an error code of 55 which is no memory installed. If I use either stick alone it posts in single channel, even if I put both sticks in the first two slots (right next to each other) it boots but it is still running single channel. But no matter how I configure it, it won't post dual channel. I need suggestions please, this is my first Intel build, so I'm not familiar with it yet. THANKS

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
You have to refer to your motherboard manual for info on where the dimms must got for dual chanell etc, some motherboard use colour coding and some use diffrent channels numbers etc

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know how it's supposed to go but it won't post with dual channel, in fact it won't work at all in the first two slots. I updated Bios, still won't work. This particular board has slots labeled A1, A2, B1,B2. In order to run dual channel it can be in a1,b1 or a2, b2. 1's are red , 2's are black. It will only post with one or even two sticks in the B channels. It will not post with a stick in either A slot, whether matched up to run dual channel or a single stick for single channel. I took the cpu back out and can't find any bent pins. But looking at the bottom of the cpu I notice two spots that look a little discolored, how can I find out if that is causing the problem?

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
IM sorry but I personally cant find the spots that look discovered
tongue.gif
Some BIOSes need you to enable the dual channel, have a quick look, also to note the memory controller is onboard the CPU. If everything else doesnt worjk you will have to RMA mobo and cpu

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it is hard to see, if you start from the very bottom on the left side its 9 up and 8 over from the left side, and the other is on the right side 8 up and 6 over from the right side. And the onlt problem with the RMA is, well I bought them used and both people I bought them from assured me there were no problems with either component. Both items were packaged very well so I don't suspect any shipping damage and like I said I don't see any bent pins, and the two tiny spots on the bottom of the cpu are all I see. I'll scour the BIOS again to see if there is somewhere to set dual channel. THANKS

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Sorry but could you teak the picture with no flash and a more natural light source as it would be good, sorry for that

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha, well i just put it back in just to look around the BIOS one more time, and then I'm going to bring it to friends house tonight who has a 2600k and I hope that will help solve the problem one way or another, I'll update later tonight with what I find.

Edit: Also when you click on the picture to enlarge it, I should have clarified that the entire contact is not discolored only a small part of each one , so yeah it is difficult to spot.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK so I popped in the 2600k and it posted fine in dual channel, I went and manually set the timings. And apparently that did the trick, because now it is running great with my 3570k.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No I didn't do it before putting it in, I did it a few times while it was in and it didn't help but maybe that was what was needed as it works flawless now after having switched the processor a few times. Now I just have to figure out why last might I ran cinebench at 4.5ghz and the temps barely went into the 80's now this morning it goes well over 100.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts