Overclock.net banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
right i understand with the gfx card thing but after rebate its 50 5 more then what itll cost. but is there a huge difference in quality i will notice playing world of warcraft if i did get this card u suggest? and is it worth returning my gfx card and paying the 15% restock fee.

· Registered
1,723 Posts
With MMOs you can get decent fps on almost any card out now (they're low poly and use small materials for texturing). If you plan to game with DX10, get the best you can afford (look at the testing charts, and fit one to your budget). HD4870 now is going so cheap it's a literal steal to grab one.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
yea i wish i had the budget to pick one up but i dont so is it really worth swapping the 9500gt for the 9600gt

true connor i could just hold off on the gfx card now wait for all the rebate money...and then get a gfx card but who knows how long those rebates will take

· Registered
2,491 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konfused
View Post

right i understand with the gfx card thing but after rebate its 50 5 more then what itll cost. but is there a huge difference in quality i will notice playing world of warcraft if i did get this card u suggest? and is it worth returning my gfx card and paying the 15% restock fee.

The 9500GT is NOT a gaming card. Even for something as mild as WoW, you won't be able to turn on shadows or multi-sampling.
If you just ordered it, try canceling. If that doesn't work you can do the dishonest thing and get a refund for a "defective" product.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
yea i did buy the 9500GT from tiger direct the other day ican go back and return it they just want 15% restock fee...unless i tell them its defective...then no restock fee money back..andjustpay the 15%restock fee on my case...

this card good? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130445 for the price..ill spend up to 100 bucks

· Registered
361 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konfused
View Post

yea i did buy the 9500GT from tiger direct the other day ican go back and return it they just want 15% restock fee...unless i tell them its defective...then no restock fee money back..andjustpay the 15%restock fee on my case...

this card good? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130445 for the price..ill spend up to 100 bucks

You will be sooo much happier with the 9600gt

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.