Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just helped a friend out build his very first desktop gaming PC, it's running a Intel i5 4670k, 8gb of G.Skill Sniper and the Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 Motherboard.

Problem? It won't turn on correctly, when hitting the switch it turns on and runs for about a seconded before switching its self off and then turning its self back on to do the same thing over and over again.

We've checked everything we can, his RAM isn't faulty as I tested it in my system we used a different PSU removed all connectors that don't need to be connected and even changed the power button, with no luck. When removing the CPU there doesn't look to be any damage on the MB or CPU. When testing with a Speaker plugged in for error codes no error codes appear.

What I think is that the BIOs may be out of date, and according to the Manual and the Gigabyte website it looks to be true, but I don't see how they could release a board that doesn't work with 4th gen CPUs with the 4th Socket. Now, according to the manual it was manufactured in April yet the earliest drivers to support intel 4th gen is F6 released in August.

What do you guys think, and what can we try? I'm guessing he's just going to have to RMA this board and hope for the best..

Thanks!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangur View Post

Sounds like faulty board or cpu.
Does look like that, I'm going to call the shop for him tomorrow. Probably will just RMA both the CPU & Motherboard as I don't feel like pulling my whole PC apart messing with parts trying to find what's wrong; again.
thumb.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.