Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently received my Rampage IV Gene x79 motherboard and 4930k cpu, and I am having problems getting it to post.

I am aware I need to use the usb flashback feature in order to get this processor and motherboard to work with eachother, which I did and I am almost certain I did correctly.

I am currently testing everything outside of the case, and I am aware everything is working correctly except for the CPU, motherboard, and maybe the flashback utility(It blinks like it is working..)

I have made sure the cpu is seated properly, what is necessary is connected, tried each slot of ram individually, and even tried different types of ram. So now I am at a stand still. The motherboard debug code is 65, which I thought was related to RAM but that doesn't make any sense as it appears on either kit and without any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The rest of the motherboard lights light up as well FWIW.

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay well I got it to post but I am getting cpu fan error!

I have an h60, and it is making an awful noise, but the temps in the bios are 31c which seems normal

Any Ideas???

·
Premium Member
7,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aDyerSituation View Post

Okay well I got it to post but I am getting cpu fan error!

I have an h60, and it is making an awful noise, but the temps in the bios are 31c which seems normal

Any Ideas???
Is the H60 pump making the noise or is it the fan that came with it?

In either case I would just return it and get something like a decent noctua cooler or go for the H80i.

The h60 is just a waste of money. It cools worse than some air coolers, and it is just adds more points of failure to the pc.

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty sure it's the pump. And I got the h60 pretty cheap. I know it's not the best but it certainly isn't bad. Currently at stock prime caps out at 48c.

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjj226 Angel View Post

I think your post went a bit derp there.

@OP, thats great and all, but if the pump is grinding then it is still a defective product and you will still need to return/exchange/RMA it.
I reseated it and changed the fan header. All is good now. Thanks all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts