Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINISHED!! 5/18/2010 June MOTM winner!!!

UPDATE: The build now has a name!!!! Plavalaguna lol! thanks to my GF

Sweet deal i got nominated. I wanna thank ceadder for the nomination.

MOTM is up, vote for your favorite system guys!

http://www.overclock.net/case-mods-g...open-naow.html

if you dont know what its from, google it

I just built my 920 monster... and loved it so much, that i started buying parts for another build... of a different size

the computer is a gift for my little brother. His birthday is coming up and I've been wanting to give him something expensive. And something I can have fun with.

He will be checking this thread periodically to see the progress of the build.

Any help you guys can provide me with will be greatly appriciated.

this is what i have so far.

ordered from newegg, the psu and case (lian li q07)

Plans are sleeving the psu, and putting a case window.

Here are links to posts with pictures...
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage 4
Stage 5
Stage 6
Stage 7
Stage 8
Stage 9
Stage 10

Stage 11
Stage 12
Stage 13
Stage 14
FINISHED!!!
Stage 1:
Replaced TIM on onboard video with AS5... and sleeved wifi antenna and cable.

I am trying to shorten the intel fan cable... but i need to buy the small crimps for the fan clip... anyone know what those are called?

EDIT: This is how she is sitting right now...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I shed a tear once I saw the picture.

...Holy crap that mobo was expensive! I got my EP45-UD3P off newegg retail for about the same price!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stage 2: I had some time today, that i cut the fan wire from the intel fan to size it better to the motherboard... and sleeved it as well..

I will keep updating this as my little brother is checking the thread and seeing the progress on his computer

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stage 3:
Got the case and power supply...
I gotta say thanks to nafljhy its because of him that i decided to build the computer in such a small form factor.

so i got the case and power supply...

and started by un riveting the hdd slider tray thing, and the psu shelf...

everything is in so far... not too bad.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Looks pretty good so far! Sub'd!

Oh and that motherboard is TINY!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stage 4: Sleeving PSU and getting case ready for cutting...

Power supply is taken apart. I am going to be cutting off the 8 pin connector since i dont need it for this motherboard. That way i have the minimal wires.

Sadly i ran out of sleeving so i couldnt go on to finish it off.. but so far its looking real good.

*if you guys can spot the sand paper... its because of the lapping i was doing on another processor... for another build

as far as the case goes, i am about to tape it up with masking tape and figure out what exactly i am cutting off.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Me likes!

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I'm a fan of this build... I may build a new ITX rig after seeing this for my gf.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Very nice and I love the snip and sleeve on the heatsink. Looks very clean and will help keep the clutter down.

There was a time where I had toyed with the idea of going ITX for my i3 budget build but opted for a more overclocking friendly mATX board instead since ITX was scarce at the time.

Great build log. Keep it up!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry
View Post

Very nice and I love the snip and sleeve on the heatsink. Looks very clean and will help keep the clutter down.

There was a time where I had toyed with the idea of going ITX for my i3 budget build but opted for a more overclocking friendly mATX board instead since ITX was scarce at the time.

Great build log. Keep it up!

Thanks man! yeah im building this one for my little brother... something that he can use and be portable incase he needs to move, since hes living in the dorms right now at his school.

i got an i3 540 that i am lapping and a gigabyte h55-s2h board ready for another build after this one is done...

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.