Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have been reading these forums for quite some time and its now a good time to register I suppose.

I've been off the PC gaming grid for quite some time but I've stayed with the loop by continuing to build personal systems. Nothing that special since I had a 360. But I decoded to ditch my console and build a new system for a change.

I am waiting on my case (arrives today)
And my ssd (who knows, its fed ex)

But my new system is as follows
Asus maximus 4 gene z
I5 3570k
CM n520 cooler (temporary till I get the rest of my water parts)
16gb 1600 gskill ripjawz
2x evga 760 sc in ski
Samsung 840evo 120
2x Seagate 1.5tb
Corsair rm850
All to be housed in the new nzxt h440!

I'm not to hurt about the z68 chip but at the time I was planning a small build and building a new custom case for what I wanted, as I usually do. But when I stumbled on the case I was sold instantly!

I'm pretty pumped about this, what will suck is I like to get everything first then build at once, but I know when that case arrives, its definitely goin' down! Lol
I'll post pictures when all is said and done!

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
Welcome to Overclock.net.
thumb.gif

Very nice system you'll have going there. You can add it to your signature using this guide.

·
Initializing...
23,796 Posts
Hey and welcome to OCN!

Very solid build!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
557 Posts
Solid build.

Just wondering why go with the Gene IV, when the Gene V is out there?

Is the NZXT 440 white?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetoast31 View Post

Just waiting on the SSD and looking at the sleeved cables fr corsair. I'm too lazy to do it myself
smile.gif
Nice and clean.

I got the corsair cables in white, very nice sleeves.

FYI, 24 pin is sold separately. I need to order mine

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderscoreHero View Post

Nice and clean.

I got the corsair cables in white, very nice sleeves.

FYI, 24 pin is sold separately. I need to order mine
The sleeved white cables I got for my AX850 came with the 24-pin, did they change it with the newer models?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twerk View Post

The sleeved white cables I got for my AX850 came with the 24-pin, did they change it with the newer models?
This one: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/professional-individually-sleeved-dc-cable-kit-type-3-generation-2-white

doesn't include the 24 pin. (I purchased this)

This kit: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/professional-series-ax850-ax750-ax650-individually-sleeved-modular-cables-white

includes the 24 pin, but less auxiliary cables.

It's a lil odd in the grouping, not sure why they did that.

·
Premium Member
8,166 Posts
Aha, I see. The older sleeved cable kits included every cable that came with the original PSU. I seem to remember they were more expensive though.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a decent deal on the maximus 4 So that's the only reason why plus I was going to go with a Custom built case for small size.

Yea the white sleeves look really good, so I was going to go that route. Unless I could find someone who sleeves cables for cheap. I don't have the patience to do all that.

And yes the h440 is the white one. And I threw a white 12" led bar in the case to give it that brightness!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetoast31 View Post

I got a decent deal on the maximus 4 So that's the only reason why plus I was going to go with a Custom built case for small size.

Yea the white sleeves look really good, so I was going to go that route. Unless I could find someone who sleeves cables for cheap. I don't have the patience to do all that.

And yes the h440 is the white one. And I threw a white 12" led bar in the case to give it that brightness!

Thanks everyone!
Ah, nice. Cool lighting.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twerk View Post

Aha, I see. The older sleeved cable kits included every cable that came with the original PSU. I seem to remember they were more expensive though.
$40 more.

$40 for the small kit, $80 for the large kit without the 24 pin.

I got the $80 kit for $40 during black friday.

But $20 for a 24 pin? I might just get the small kit altogether, can reuse the spare cables.

·
Registered
557 Posts
oh....just researched a lil bit, the AX psu cables aren't compatible with the others, different OEMs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts