Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my sig rig, everything turns on, lights up, but on the monitor nothing shows. I'm too tired to think of ideas, but I think it might be the RAM (Trying to run dual channel RAM on a 1366 board....)

+rep for anyone that helps

·
Registered
542 Posts
You need trichannel RAM for 1366 boards man....You need another 4 GB stick to boot.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
its your memory

·
Banned
136 Posts
bahahahah the people above me have no idea what they are talking about. dual channel runs fine on X58 boards.

and there is no such thing as "dual channel ram". the closest thing to it is ram sets that are tested in "dual channel" mode (and others are tested in triple channel mode). RAM is RAM.

For example, I bought 3 individual sticks and they work fine. they don't need to be labeled for dual or triple channel. it's a marketing scheme

Anyways, to real troubleshooting. Are the stick in the right slots? That matters on some boards. I assume you aren't a noob and you put standoffs under the motherboard, right? Do the usual rounds and reseat connections and make sure the video card is plugged in correctly. You've probably done this but I'm just checking.

When I first put my computer together everything seemed to be going fine and suddenly when I go to install windows POOF it hard cuts the power whenever I try to access the hard drive. Turned out to be the SATA power cable not securely inserted.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki;11934087
In my sig rig, everything turns on, lights up, but on the monitor nothing shows. I'm too tired to think of ideas, but I think it might be the RAM (Trying to run dual channel RAM on a 1366 board....)

+rep for anyone that helps
-check to see two motherboard power cables, one or two 6 pins plugged into gpu, dvi connected...

Does everything appear to be running?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts