Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping my friend with his new build. Everything is hooked up and when we hit the power button it comes on for one second and turns off again. The fans spin and such and we tried moving his ram around but does the same thing. Any help would be awsome. Gonna try and go to bed, being rather late. I'll be back in the morning. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,419 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimon
View Post

Make sure that the motherboard is grounded properly. Also I know this may sound like a silly question but did you use the copper stand offs for the motherboard, or screw the motherboard directly onto the motherboard tray?

That's the best advice you will get as it is rather late...this morning

Take it out of the case and run it...it should work then.
If not then PSU or MB is the Xfactor...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it runs, kinda funky though. When you hit the powere button it comes on for a second then goes off. Then a second later it comes on again and runs just fine. Not sure what that means, bad power supply?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChanceGuy
View Post

it runs, kinda funky though. When you hit the powere button it comes on for a second then goes off. Then a second later it comes on again and runs just fine. Not sure what that means, bad power supply?

The same thing happens to my computer. I think its perfectly normal and is supposed to be fixed in a BIOS update for the motherboard. So have a scrounge around on the motherboard manufacturer's website and patch the motherboard to the latest BIOS. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
The systems you described at prevelent when a faulty PSU is being used or there is a short somewhere in the board.

My money is on a bad PSU, but check to make sure there arent any shorts. To do this take the entire system out of the case and test on a piece of cardboard or non conductive material.

If you have another PSU handy give it a try as well to eliminate both symptoms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts