Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,... i am again building a new gaming pc........ this is for my brother...
he wants a serious gaming machine with which he can max out any possible game and will be able to play his ps2 games via emulators (PCSX2)

so thats wt i suggested him

any comments will be appreciated.... +rep for good replies!!!

Edit:
forget about that tiny bluetooth adapter.... i dun know where did that get in from!!!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I wouldn't bother with a 1200W PSU, even with a pair of 6970's, you should be fine with a 700-750W PSU. Other than that, a pretty solid build ! Any reason your going with the HAF 932 over the HAF X ?

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,756 Posts
Very solid, future ready build. I agree with the PSU BTW. 1200w PSU is a lot. Just get a quality 750-850w PSU and it will be fine. Let me know when you need my address and you can send it to me.
smile.gif
Nah, looking good. Also be where of the stuff not in stock. Grab something thats close so you dont have to wait.

• Rep+
Reactions: kpreet1996

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano12345;13046388
I wouldn't bother with a 1200W PSU, even with a pair of 6970's, you should be fine with a 700-750W PSU. Other than that, a pretty solid build ! Any reason your going with the HAF 932 over the HAF X ?
am gettin 1200w cause of future upgrades.... maybe ill add another 6970 down the road.... and i didn't think of that case.... thanks for pointing out....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic-Boom;13046394
You've got alot of money to spend....thats a really nice build. Good luck with it. You going to fold on it?
thanks mate.... its a gift to my brother from me, my mum and dad.... wt do you mean "fold on it"?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Wow...I think your brother would definitely appreciate the Gran Turismo wheel and xbox controller as an add-on. What did he do to deserve this masterpiece?!? The only thing lacking in the build is the monitor. Why spend so much money on everything else and spend only $200 on a monitor?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpreet1996;13046419
am gettin 1200w cause of future upgrades.... maybe ill add another 6970 down the road.... and i didn't think of that case.... thanks for pointing out....
A third 6970!?
eek.gif

Very nice build. As futureproof as can be in this day and age. Tell him to add a few monitors.

·
Banned
1,452 Posts
wow thats an amazing build,as said before go with a 850W psu 1200w is too much other then that everything else is perfect,btw if u have more money to throw at it get another 2 monitors triple monitors are awesome if hes gonna be play racing games

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen to remix;13046428
Wow...I think your brother would definitely appreciate the Gran Turismo wheel and xbox controller as an add-on. What did he do to deserve this masterpiece?!? The only thing lacking in the build is the monitor. Why spend so much money on everything else and spend only $200 on a monitor?
thanks man.... haha
u missed something.... there are three of those monitors..... eyefinity rocks!!!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpreet1996;13046419

thanks mate.... its a gift to my brother from me, my mum and dad.... wt do you mean "fold on it"?
Increasing GPU's give diminishing returns though
wink.gif
redface.gif

Still wouldnt bother with 1200. Antec do a very nice 850W unit (I believe that its called the HPC or something to that effect) which would be perfect for Tri-Fire. NZXT also do a very good line of 80-Plus Gold units too.

And by folding, he means running [email protected] on it

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpreet1996;13046460
thanks man.... he is just crazy when it comes to racing..... we decided to get him this cause he is doin really good in his school from the last coupla years....
u missed something.... there are three of those monitors..... eyefinity rocks!!!
Oh man I did not notice that haha... is there a model of those monitors without speakers? I assume they will be cheaper.
cool.gif

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Can I be your brother?
biggrin.gif

No need for 2600k for gaming only, period.

Thrustmaster T500 is overprice and overhype. No shifter is a big nono (opinion)if you sporting the clutch. Logitech G27 is half the price or the Driving Force GT if you just want the basic.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wow great build! I have a HAF-X really like mine!

Wow prices seem high but i guess thats in melborne ? For what your paying for the 6970,s i would spend a little more and get the gtx 580,s ( just my opinion)

·
Banned
1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpreet1996;13046460
thanks man.... he is just crazy when it comes to racing..... we decided to get him this cause he is doin really good in his school from the last coupla years....
hell yea eyefinity ftw,my mate just got an eyefinity setup and i was blown away im planning on getting a setup of my own
tongue.gif

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen to remix;13046428
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeddy;13046406
also the 2500k would save some cash and be just about the same afaik
maybe cause of hyperthreading...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckclc;13046416
Very solid, future ready build. I agree with the PSU BTW. 1200w PSU is a lot. Just get a quality 750-850w PSU and it will be fine. Let me know when you need my address and you can send it to me.
smile.gif
Nah, looking good. Also be where of the stuff not in stock. Grab something thats close so you dont have to wait.
thanks man.... just for future upgrades.. and it is priced fairly... so yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhansoo12;13046457
A third 6970!?
eek.gif

Very nice build. As futureproof as can be in this day and age. Tell him to add a few monitors.
hahaha thanks man.... sure why not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano12345;13046469
and by folding, he means running [email protected] on it
i still dont get it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GILavco;13046471
Great build!! BUT I'd go 942 rather then a 932 you will thank yourself later =]
maybe a haf X

Quote:
Originally Posted by listen to remix;13046472
Oh man I did not notice that haha... is there a model of those monitors without speakers? I assume they will be cheaper.
cool.gif
dun know.... still they are fairly priced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versa;13046474
Can I be your brother?
biggrin.gif

No need for 2600k for gaming only, period.

Thrustmaster T500 is overprice and overhype. No shifter is a big nono (opinion)if you sporting the clutch. Logitech G27 is half the price or the Driving Force GT if you just want the basic.
hahaha... i was going for the g27 but then the website stopped selling it!!! dun know why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEVALL;13046476
Wow great build! I have a HAF-X really like mine!

Wow prices seem high but i guess thats in melborne ? For what your paying for the 6970,s i would spend a little more and get the gtx 580,s ( just my opinion)
yep haf x should be good enough..... wt a guess bro... i am in melbourne!!!
ahh.... am not getting the nvidia cards cause i love eyefinity!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehStranger?;13046505
hell yea eyefinity ftw,my mate just got an eyefinity setup and i was blown away im planning on getting a setup of my own
tongue.gif
you'll love it!!!

wow... wt a long post..... still thanks for the reply guys... i really appreciate that..... +1 for all of you

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic-Boom;13046530
Folding is a program that does research on your cpu's unused cycles. It is a very popular program on OCN, OCN is ranked #3 in the world for this. Check it out here http://folding.stanford.edu/
kk,,, thanks for that!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeddy;13046531
both have it both are the same chip one is just clocked higher then the other but both tap out the same when oced
my bad.... i had to say cause 2600K has 8 threads while 2500K has 4... my apologies

edit
go to http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=52210 and scroll to the end of the table thingy.... it says "Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology - No"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts