Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my name is mike and from north wales and just joined and-well I found my way here, this site is big and very confusing and it is gonna take a while to find my way around I dont even know who I am talking to right now. anyway I decided to update my build of 4/5 years ago. firstly I want to use water cooling and keep my old case which is where I have the problem. I believe there is a silverstone grandia forum here but cant find it. I need to mount the rad. externally and need some expert help. I dont know where I should be =new build -water cooling or -case modifying -silverstone. hope some one can help. have not bought any parts at all yet and i am inlimbo.

·
Dark and Dropped SUV
4,068 Posts
Hello, Mike, and welcome.
Guess it's up to you on what you want to do. If you modify your old case with just water it'll be a lot cheaper than doing a whole new system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello mr B I am doing the build anyway but last time I did one I gave up on water for cooler and regretted it after. I always feel the cooler simply blows hot air into the case and as such is very inefficient so I am thinking I could leave the fans on the inside on the side panel, I have two running on there anyway and put a silverstone slim tdo3 on the outside. should work ok, fit wise anyway, but might look a bit untidy, so I was looking to get a shroud or something to cover the rad.to finish it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts