Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time going with intel. I just built my machine and overclocked my i5 2500 to 4.3. The only thing I changed was the multiplier. Ran Prime 95 for hours ,,temps 56 steady and v core around 1.256. Is this a good overclock? haven't tried going any higher yet.
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
is your i5 the 2500 or the 2500k, if its the 2500k it is the unlocked version of the chip and it will go up to or around 4.8 on air with a good CPU cooler. if its the regular 2500 then it wont overclock as well and will be limited.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's the K. To go any higher should I change other stuff? I've only changed the multiplier nothing else?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried 4.5 but it crashed on prime 95. Temp was only 56 , That's just with the multiplier changed. Might try disabling speedstep and manually changing the v core to something?? I think it was aroung1.25 when i was running prime

·
Registered
577 Posts
Try x45 with LLC on high (50%) and offset on -0.01 (On some boards, Phase Control needs to be changed from Extreme to Standard, Optimized or Manual in order for Offset Mode to become available in the CPU Voltage menu)

Boot up, stress test, if it's stable, increase neg offset by 1 increment to -0.015 and so on until you find the lowest voltage you can get or are happy with.

I think C1E state should be on, C3/C6 states should be disabled, spread spectrum off, and vcore overcurrent protection at around 140%.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was running 4.5 with -.030 offset,,level 2 LLC,,v core was 1.308v temp 58, ran prime for hours. Then when I rebooted i would get BSOD,,error 124 I think.. I can't seem to disable turbo boost on this board?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostman55 View Post

I was running 4.5 with -.030 offset,,level 2 LLC,,v core was 1.308v temp 58, ran prime for hours. Then when I rebooted i would get BSOD,,error 124 I think.. I can't seem to disable turbo boost on this board?
Are C3/C6 Disabled?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Quote:

Running 4.4 offset 0.025 v core 1.23-1.24 temp 54..Seems more stable leaving LLC on auto!!
Well that's awesome if it's working for you!
thumb.gif

c3/c6 will be in a diff tab like advanced and then cpu preferences

i think with offset when u set LLC to auto it means its off so it could be stable but there is nothing accounting for vDroop at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it crashed,,i think v core was to low for 4.4. I'll go look for c3/c6. Should I also disable speed spectrum?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Quote:

it crashed,,i think v core was to low for 4.4. I'll go look for c3/c6. Should I also disable speed spectrum?
yes disabling spread spectrum keeps blck at 100 so that ur 44 multiplier keeps it at 4400 steady.
c3/c6 disabled will help.
and yes that voltage is pretty low for that.
124 bsod usually means voltages and it's hard to find answers to the exact cause but it could be vCore, VTT/QPI voltage, or PLL voltage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts