Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am considering building a new pc for myself but cant really decide on a motherboard so was really just looking for a point in the right direction.

I am no big gamer so graphics not a massive issue with myself but i could alwas add a graphics card if i change.

I am looking to use it as a day to day pc as well as a media centre so HDMI would be nice, again not massive loss if not.

I am a bit of a n00b at all this stuff so ill be looking to over clock the cpu when the build is complete if that makes any difference.

Oh and i dont have a massive budget being a student, so probs £100-150 my price limit for the board.

i was looking at the Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H what do you's think any suggestions??

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks brilliant although no serial cable connection, so how do you connect an external monitor??

·
Registered
227 Posts
You'd need to buy a video card (can be cheap), but getting away from onboard video is the best thing to do in most situations, even beyond gaming.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had this processor in mind -http://www.ebuyer.com/product/139971

would need to wait till next month to buy it, when all set up id hope to overclock it for an extra boost. Both boards look great big plus with the ASUS board price.

id give both boards 4GB of ram from the word go, and stick some fancy heatsink on the processor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, i was just looking at that particular processor as i want to rip all my dvds that i own onto my pc, because i love looking at say xbmc with all the dvd covers/info etc so just think a dvd would take a while to rip so anything that can cut that down would be great obviously i still need to stick within my lemonade wages that i get every month.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Ok in that case I would get this

The extra 2 cores on the Quad CPU will cut down encoding tome and you can overclock it too and its well within your budget

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking great, I was looking at this Video Card - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/182103
purley as it doest add a great amount on to the price and has HDMI, i use a 17 inch monitor just now but have a 32 inch tv which i would change to if my mates were round. my tv doesn't have a vga connection.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so ive built up what i think might be good for my first build.
All i need is a PSU but i am out on a limb with it so a suggestion would be great

What do you's think, anything i still need to add?

not sure if image upload is working for me so posted url to it http://yfrog.com/jb33642334j

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still really dont know what power supply would suit

ive looked at the OCZ 400W Stealth XStream PSU do you's think this would be and good choice for my build?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts