Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being jeoulous of all the great builds ive seen here im finally having one built for myself. A sandybridge system consisting of a 2600k, asus pro and gtx 580 also by asus. 8 gigs of corsair 1600 memory all wrapped in my trusty antec 900 case. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
i7-2500K is all you need, not the 2600K plus that will save you about $100. But if you really want the 2600K, then disable hyper-threading in bios. Both corsair & Intel 120GB SSD's are awesome, i went with Intel. Far as ram goes you only need 4GB of ram. Corsair dominator is greatness, just lower it to 4GB unless you want extra as backup. Far as PSU goes, corsair HX750 modular would be perfect in your build. You should also consider getting a 1TB samsung Spinpoint F3 to go along with that ssd.

MB - Asus pro
CPU - i7-2500K/2600K if you prefer
GPU - GTX 580( I would get the directcu 2 asus version)
PSU - Corsair HX750W
HDD - Samsung spin-point F3
SSD - Corsair or Intel 120GB
RAM - Corsair dominator 4GB CL8 8-8-8-24 1600
CPU COOLER - Noctua NH-D14
CASE - Antec 900(I would prefer NZXT Phantom or Corsair 800D)

You could also consider getting noctua fans for the case, there some of the best you can get, or get what you prefer with money left over. Those are all my suggestions along with your suggestions.

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbs
View Post

i7-2500K is all you need, not the 2600K plus that will save you about $100. But if you really want the 2600K, then disable hyper-threading in bios.

Sorry for the noob question but why disable hyper threading?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. Gonna stick with the 2600k, but the psu choice is still up in the air. Guess if i want to run sli I should bump up to atleast an 850 of some sort or like you said maybe a 1000 watter. Im also getting the asus 580 direct cu gpu.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziemerman
View Post

Sorry for the noob question but why disable hyper threading?

Because you don't need 8 threads only 4.

Quote:

Thanks for all the info guys. Gonna stick with the 2600k, but the psu choice is still up in the air. Guess if i want to run sli I should bump up to atleast an 850 of some sort or like you said maybe a 1000 watter. Im also getting the asus 580 direct cu gpu.

Corsair HX850 Modular would be nice then. 1000W you don't need, plus you're only thinking about doing SLI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.