Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Knows the Song of Time
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last 6 months, this site has been overly inundated with threads requesting that other users build them a machine within a set budget. Though these threads are designed to help the original poster, the over abundance of these threads have led previously active members to be turned away from the site; I'm assuming they feel as though the site isn't being as productive anymore.

Here's my suggestion: Can we get a new forum for new system builders? Name it whatever is most appealing to the boards (though Build-A-Machine would be humorous). Once this forum is built, remove it from the "Latest Discussion" board. The quality of posts on this site have dropped significantly; this is no secret and cannot be denied. These threads have driven people away due to their simplicity and overuse, leading to the perception of low quality control. Let's help to add increased productivity and filtering to the board, starting with these threads.

[Please note I am not directly opposed to these threads when they are requested informatively and with details. Unfortunately, they're used by random individuals to satisfy their late night craving for forum attention.]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts