Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello OCN
thumb.gif

I just received my new GTX 570, and upon opening the package, I find that the seal on the box has been broken, and furthermore, the seal on the antistatic bag as well. I pulled the card out to have a look at it, and there are a fair few rather large particles of dust clinging to the plastic. It appears to have been in a PC for a short while before I got it.

I have spoken to the merchant and they rather quickly brushed it off as 'Quality Control'.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Should I send it back?

All advice welcome & greatly appreciated
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
Which retailer?

On a new product, all seals should be well... sealed! Yes, send it back.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

Which retailer?
On a new product, all seals should be well... sealed! Yes, send it back.
I don't really feel it's proper to name them, although if you aren't careful you may end up at their website when trying to visit OCN...

But yes, those were my thoughts exactly. A new product should be new, not as new.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disruptor View Post

I don't really feel it's proper to name them, although if you aren't careful you may end up at their website when trying to visit OCN...
So we're all potential victims of being in a situation like yours, and you rather withhold their company name so we can find out the hard way?
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I'd send it back for sure. You paid for a new product, you should get a new product.

If it had been used prior, it should have been stated before the sale and for a reduction of the cost.

My 2cents anyway.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ive had this happen to me from ebay shops they were supposed to be new but they were not sealed you probably got a card that someone returned to the shop because this should be new and can you tell us were you bought it from as you could save others hassle in future, but anyway i would send it back, when you pay for something you should recieve exactly what you payed for you might have problems with the card there could be an unknown fault as it looks like it was a customer return and this guy just sold it on as a new card

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Does it work?? And is it new? I would be testing it and see if they did switch it.
If it does work than I wouldn't bother with sending it back since your going to pay for shipping and have to wait for a new one.
But what I would do Is file a official complaint with the company. Don't just talk with some guy on the phone but make sure you talk with a supervisor and as him for the info for the main office. Then tell him your filing a complaint. At this point they always seem to get really nice.

·
Registered
707 Posts
If it was me, back it would go, i paid for something new and i will have something new

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disruptor View Post

I don't really feel it's proper to name them, although if you aren't careful you may end up at their website when trying to visit OCN.
It's OCUK....just saying!

Also, send it back. Don't let $10 and a week get in the way of you getting the $350 card you paid for. Normally, you can even guilt them into paying for your shipping....as it IS their fault.

·
Happy Dad
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Mule View Post

So we're all potential victims of being in a situation like yours, and you rather withhold their company name so we can find out the hard way?
rolleyes.gif
Thank you for saying this...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts