Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will appretiate if you can answer my quisions to help me to go through the process of buying. the items are ready in the shopping cart. your advice is more welcome.

lets start:

my requirements is : thunderbolt 3 + 8 dims memory + more than 3 pcie, thats why i choosed the below mother board.

my usage is for this :
unraid os that host vms . vm for transcode videos to mp4 in 1080p, vm for plex server due the big library, vm for a gaming machine that i will passthrough the 1080ti to it which will play full max settings in 1080. 8 vms for lab(active directory, xenapp, firewall vm, 5 client os's).
the backbone network is 10G but for my direct access to the storage . i will be using the thunderbolt 3 cable for speed. data exchange with dealing with the server from my main machine.

the specs:

1- Intel - Core i9-7940X 3.1GHz 14-Core Processor
2- Noctua - NH-D14 SE2011 CPU Cooler
3- ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE Motherboard
4- Intel X540-T2- 10g card
5- asus strix 1080 ti oc 11g
6- G.Skill - Trident Z (8 x 16GB) DDR4-3733 Memory
7- Corsair - AX1500i 1500W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
8- 16-PORT Int, 6GB/S Sata+sas, Pcie 2.0; In The Box: Lsi Sas 9201-16I, Qig, Driver
9- CableCreation Mini SAS 36Pin (SFF-8087) Male to 4x Angle SATA 7Pin female Cable, Mini SAS Host/Controller to 4 SATA Target/Backplane Cable, 3.3FT
10- 2 nvme - Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
11- 20 hdd wd red(will start with 16 first)
12- Lian Li Internal Hard Drive Mounting Kit HD-321 3.5 to 2x 2.5
13-Lian-Li BP2SATA 2Bay to HDD SATA Hotswap Backplane Black Retail - quantity 10
14-Noctua NF-F12 PWM Cooling Fan - quantety 6 for hard drives pushing air in towards the hdds
15-Noctua 140mm Premium Quiet Quality Fan with AAO Frame Technology (NF-A14 PWM) -quantity 5- 3 in the back and 2 in the top.

i will appretiate guyse if you help me with my questions:
1- is it better to go with the choosed psu or with two 750 watts and why. in case better with 2 which models u recommend.
2- i decided to use Noctua NF-F12 PWM Cooling Fan to push air in to the hdd from the two sides. is this model good to make it cold and quite in the same time , if not what do you suggest?
3- for the exhaust i chose 3 Noctua 140mm Premium Quiet Quality Fan with AAO Frame Technology (NF-A14 PWM)- this is in the back are they good for exhaust and will be able to take the hot air from the hdd to outside? if not what you recommend?
4- how to cool my raid card is the hdd fans enough? shall i use the top fans to push in or maybe the back fans to push air in. and if i did so where the exhaust will be?
5-is the setup component good or is there anything you recommend and better guyse?

if there is any advice to bring the cost down i am open to any advice, only if there is not compromise of the performance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts