Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my water system in my rig, i have hit a bit of a snag. I was forced to install the pump to the side of the PCI slots, and i thought that it would be fine there....but it turns out that a full sized PCI card - Like my Audigy will not go in the slot with the pump next to it

I have had a good look at my case, and there is nowhere else for the pump to go...so now i have a question...

1. Does anybody now of a card that is as good as the Audigy, but the card itself is not as wide as a standard PCI card.

2. Would i be better getting a bigger case, like this one http://www.compu-square.be/uploaded_..._190x170_2.jpg and if so, do you think my L30 pump would have enough grunt to pump the water up to the top of this case (where i would be putting the rad).

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
That is one Sexy case. Since I don't use a Radiator I can't reply to number 2. And on the sound card issue, I have two answers, yes and no. I have an older card which is equilvelent to the size of a lan card but it's about as crappy as they come. So for sound quality to number 1 I would say no. (Go with the SEXY Case)

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Can you put the pump right in front of the sound card, like further towards the front of the case? I also saw a guy that got a little flat piece of aluminum and mounted it to the underside of his hard drive cage and mounted the pump on that, so that it was kind of hanging over the mobo.

That is one SWEET-AZZ case man!! The L30 will definately have enough power to do that, no problems at all.

About the sound card, I don't think there are any smaller ones, at least ones worth a crap.

Can you post a pic of your current case? Even off a website?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

Can you put the pump right in front of the sound card, like further towards the front of the case? I also saw a guy that got a little flat piece of aluminum and mounted it to the underside of his hard drive cage and mounted the pump on that, so that it was kind of hanging over the mobo.

That is one SWEET-AZZ case man!! The L30 will definately have enough power to do that, no problems at all.

About the sound card, I don't think there are any smaller ones, at least ones worth a crap.

Can you post a pic of your current case? Even off a website?

There isn't any space at the front of my case at the moment, as i've got the single rad and 2x 120x120x38mm fans slapped either side of it

I might just go for the case then if my finances can take the strain so soon after christmas!

Here is my current case (in black tho)
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD02ODk=

As for soundcards, how about this one for £70!
http://www.audiotrak.net/prodigy7.1LT.htm

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
If you're really wanting a new case, I'm about to throw a brand new Lian-Li PC71 all aluminum black full tower case up on ebay within the next couple of weeks.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

If you're really wanting a new case, I'm about to throw a brand new Lian-Li PC71 all aluminum black full tower case up on ebay within the next couple of weeks.

If you can deliver it to the UK for under £10 then i'm sold

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

There isn't any space at the front of my case at the moment, as i've got the single rad and 2x 120x120x38mm fans slapped either side of it

I might just go for the case then if my finances can take the strain so soon after christmas!

Here is my current case (in black tho)
http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD02ODk=

As for soundcards, how about this one for £70!
http://www.audiotrak.net/prodigy7.1LT.htm

What do you think...New case, or smaller soundcard?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I say new case!! Those full towers are nice, and it looks like that one is even sweeter than mine since the hard drives mount from the side!! That will be a good choice!! You will need to find a way to mount your RAD from the top though since it looks like if you would need to remove the entire drive cage to put stuff in the front. But you got plenty of room at the top. I have 6" between the top of the PSU and the top of the Case.

I vote new case, but if you want a decent sound card that is half size, creative makes the Live! 24-bit. Just an option, but that case is sweeeeeeeeeeettah

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix

I say new case!! Those full towers are nice, and it looks like that one is even sweeter than mine since the hard drives mount from the side!! That will be a good choice!! You will need to find a way to mount your RAD from the top though since it looks like if you would need to remove the entire drive cage to put stuff in the front. But you got plenty of room at the top. I have 6" between the top of the PSU and the top of the Case.

Yeah, its getting more and more tempting by the minute. With your case, does it have a 120mm fan hole above the PSU like the one i'm thinking of geting?

If so, is there any chance you could measure the space above and below where the 120mm fan would sit.

I'm planning on sticking the radiator at the top, but need around 30mm above/below the rad for the barbs and pipes. So to sum up, i need 180mm from the top of the power supply to the top of the case in order for my rad to go in there.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Yeah, its getting more and more tempting by the minute. With your case, does it have a 120mm fan hole above the PSU like the one i'm thinking of geting?

If so, is there any chance you could measure the space above and below where the 120mm fan would sit.

I'm planning on sticking the radiator at the top, but need around 30mm above/below the rad for the barbs and pipes. So to sum up, i need 180mm from the top of the power supply to the top of the case in order for my rad to go in there.

There is a hole for the 120mm fan, but I didn't put one in. There is exactly 6in above the PSU....... sorry, I forget those numbers mean nothing to you blokes in England...... 152.5mm. But if you cut a blow-hole in the top, you would have a perfect solution. Or, you could mount your CD/DVD drives in the bottom of the 5 1/4" bays and use the upper bays to mount your RAD. I think the blow hole option is the be though.

·
Registered
770 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix

There is a hole for the 120mm fan, but I didn't put one in. There is exactly 6in above the PSU....... sorry, I forget those numbers mean nothing to you blokes in England...... 152.5mm. But if you cut a blow-hole in the top, you would have a perfect solution. Or, you could mount your CD/DVD drives in the bottom of the 5 1/4" bays and use the upper bays to mount your RAD. I think the blow hole option is the be though.

Oh bugger, what f**ing ar*e. I really wanted to stick it on top of the PSU. The rad is exactly 172mm high. I can't be ar$ed with all that cutting around - plus i don't have the tools.

Are you 100% sure that it is exactly 6"? Coz from the picture of that case, using a graphics tool, i made the space above/below the 120mm fan hole around 30mm each way. GRRARSE.

I wonder if it would go on the 120mm fan hole below near the motherboard...

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
has external mounting been considered?

wher you were gonn pop that pump in near the pci
put it on the outside
or if you have anything to cut with.. make a little hole in the Harddrive cage and mount the pump on the bottem in the drive cage
as for rad.. dont you have a single too so you could just attach it to the 120 on the back right

1 - 14 of 14 Posts