Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Am looking at a new X99 system, motherboard is most likely gonna be the Asus Rampage V Extreme, which is E-ATX, am also gonna go for a Corsair H110 cooler. Anyway, which case would fit these? I know my current 800D probably will, but i would like something a bit smaller in size maybe, even though i don't really have any problems with the 800D, beside that i would like some USB3 ports on it, i know there is an upgrade-kit, but getting one doesn't seem easy these days.

Anyway i've looked at the 750D, and i like the case, specially the dust-filters, but i've heard the air-flow from the front is really bad, which i don't really like, but there seems to be a new front cover coming some day? Else i've looked at the Fractal R5, but getting the Rampage V Extreme inside it, might cause some problems since it supports up to regular ATX boards only.

What would you recommend?

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well around the same pricepoint as the 750D would be nice, but can go higher if the case is worth it.

About the Cooler Master HAF X, not sure if i like how it looks, not that i matters to much, either way thanks for the suggestion.

The case should have some smart way of routing the cables, i do love the cable management on the 800D.

·
Premium Member
17,349 Posts
better? it doesnt get much better than the trooper
tongue.gif
i have two of them in my house and would gladly add a third.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If you don't want to get the Enthoo Primo, then get the Enthoo Luxe.
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: rpjkw11

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Unless you're opposed to cube cases, I recommend the Corsair Air 540. Airflow is awesome and it's easy to keep the build clean with the dual chamber design.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That Corsair 540 does look really nice, liked the Cube design. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post

Unless you're opposed to cube cases, I recommend the Corsair Air 540. Airflow is awesome and it's easy to keep the build clean with the dual chamber design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navynuke499 View Post

I second the Air 540. Its a great case for good airflow and fits the corsair rads up top with no problem. I had the H105 up top and fit just fine with a R4BE
My last case was the Air 540. Loved it. If I were to ditch my CaseLabs S8 I would go back to the Air 540. Easy cable management. Big window, great flow (air or water).

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz766 View Post

My last case was the Air 540. Loved it. If I were to ditch my CaseLabs S8 I would go back to the Air 540. Easy cable management. Big window, great flow (air or water).
I went from a reversed M8 to the Air 540!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
One day if I go back to something other than my Caselabs it will be into a Air 540 unless another dual compartment cubes comes that is better.

OP, The Air 540 should be a strong candidate in your case search. I ran mine with x79 and H105 in push with great temps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts