Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I recently bought some new components for my system ( see sig rig) and put them all into my Storm Scout but its getting a little cramped and cluttered. Something I am not fond of at all. (OCD).

So I am looking for a new case solution. I need some help from the loyal OCNers to meet my requirements:

1. I want a full tower ATX, enough of the mid-atx towers too small.
2. Needs to fit my 5870, and possible future 5970 with NO modding needed.
3. Has ability to convert to water if I decide to take that dive in the future.
4. Have good airflow
5. It does not need to have all the bling (lights, ports etc.) if I need them I will put them in myself.
6. Preferably something with a painted interior, but not mandatory.

+rep for all that help me out here. Start spitting those ideas out, please have links too thanks !

·
Registered
939 Posts
HAF 932, Antec Twelve Hundred, Lian Li P80, Cooler Master Cosmos, Silverston Raven RV02, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AZZA Salano 1000, Thermaltake ArmorPlus...um ya, think that about covers it.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Corsair 800D

As far as your requirements go:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlkamps
View Post

So I am looking for a new case solution. I need some help from the loyal OCNers to meet my requirements:

1. I want a full tower ATX, enough of the mid-atx towers too small. The 800D is huge, and it has the best cable management on the market.
2. Needs to fit my 5870, and possible future 5970 with NO modding needed. It will easily do this
3. Has ability to convert to water if I decide to take that dive in the future. Tons of room for water cooling
4. Have good airflow It only comes with 3 stock fans, but it can take up to 8 fans -- there are many threads on OCN on how to get great airflow in the 800D (the reason it doesn't come with all 8 fans is, IMO, because they know some people want to WC and it would needlessly drive the price up even more).
5. It does not need to have all the bling (lights, ports etc.) if I need them I will put them in myself. See for yourself -- no bling at all. Very professional looking.
6. Preferably something with a painted interior, but not mandatory. It is completely black, in and out.

+rep for all that help me out here. Start spitting those ideas out, please have links too thanks !

• Rep+
Reactions: tlkamps

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingoyster
View Post

Corsair 800D

As far as your requirements go:

Price is high for this but it is made up for in the sheer beauty of that case. Amazing quality it looks like and amazing cable management features.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tlkamps
View Post

Price is high for this but it is made up for in the sheer beauty of that case. Amazing quality it looks like and amazing cable management features.

Yes, the price is significantly higher than even most enthusiast cases. To some, it isn't worth it. For me, it was -- but it's something you'd have to decide for yourself. You should take a look at the 800D Owners Club (in my sig).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts