Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got this(look below unless you're smart enough to already have done so) comp right now and i want to get a nikao ogre case, ive found one with no p/s and i wanna know what would the best one be for under 20 bucks (CDN) becuase they will throw one in for 20 bucks. OR if i should just keep my 450w p/s from the case i already have. OR if there is a way that i can possibly get a fan set up to cool it down so i dont have to buy a new case just a fan or 2, i dont have a window but im wondering if i could cut a whole in my case and do it that way?

P4 2.8Ghz Prescott, Socket 478 1MB cache
Asus P4P800 SE
Elitech black case with 450W p/s no window and stock chip fan
200Gb maxtor and 80Gb maxtor
SOny dual layer burner
liteon cd durner with dvdrom
floppy drive also(if it gives and help)

here are some pics too

·
Banned
39 Posts
If you wanna keep your case and mount some fans to keep your system cooler that is perfectly doable. I had a case that resembled that one, and i cut a 120mm hole directly over my processor heatsink, and a 120mm one in the top of my case. I had the heatsink fan blowing in and the one in the top blowing out. i got my temps down by a good 10 degrees by doing this and it only got cost me about 25 bucks. But that was with an AMD, not sure how a intel would perform with this setup.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
there are many areas on your case that you could attach fans to cool it, or with a little help from Mr. power tool you can make a lot more fan holes. prime canidates are in the door, out the back, out or in the top, ant there should be a mount on the front of the case. when you do set it up you should have more fans blowing in so you dont acumulate as much dust. adding fans is alot cheaperthan buying a "good" new case.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hainer36

ive got this(look below unless you're smart enough to already have done so) comp right now and i want to get a nikao ogre case, ive found one with no p/s and i wanna know what would the best one be for under 20 bucks (CDN) becuase they will throw one in for 20 bucks. OR if i should just keep my 450w p/s from the case i already have. OR if there is a way that i can possibly get a fan set up to cool it down so i dont have to buy a new case just a fan or 2, i dont have a window but im wondering if i could cut a whole in my case and do it that way?

looks like you can mount 2 intake fans in front of your hard drives there and 2 outtake fans at the back, without cutting anything up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts