Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So transferring out of my community college to a good school in may
biggrin.gif
and need recommendations for a new case. My current case is a CM Storm Stryker but my concern is that it is flashy, although it is hefty which is kind of a bonus. I am worried that either its too big and flashy and people may want to steal it , or its to small (mATX) and can just walk off with it. So willing to take recommendations from any form factor although it needs to support ATX motherboards because I would rather not buy another one at the moment.

PC build is in my signature if you need it for ideas.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Fractal Design Define R4, Fractal Design Arc Midi R2, NZXT H440, NZXT H230, NZXT H630

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
so... in essence you are trying to find the Plainest LOOKING case you can possibly find that would still offer good enough cooling for your rig?
biggrin.gif
do realize anyone who KNOWS about computers would not be fooled by a cheap trick like this
smile.gif

your best bet is to try to locate an old DELL or gateway ATX computer chassis and just gut it. nobody looking to steal a computer would bother with a pre built junk like DELL/gateway
biggrin.gif
beyond that, you might look into something like a fractal ARC midi R2 or something along that lines. since the front bezel of the R2 is plastic, and most people associate plastic with the word JUNK, hopefully it would fool some of the would be thief.

again, anyone who knows about computers can easily tell if a machine is worth stealing by a glance and a listen unless it's REALLY well disguised inside a gateway chassis
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All fantastic ideas
biggrin.gif
I am very thankful for the responses I have gotten! I just came up with an Idea lol since it has those external water cooling ports and the desk is quite hefty I'm gonna loop a bike lock through the desk and my pc. So if they feel like trying to drag a heavy pc and giant desk out I can pretty much assume someone is going to see them.... I hope at least and this way Ill save a ton of cash I can put towards books.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post

All fantastic ideas
biggrin.gif
I am very thankful for the responses I have gotten! I just came up with an Idea lol since it has those external water cooling ports and the desk is quite hefty I'm gonna loop a bike lock through the desk and my pc. So if they feel like trying to drag a heavy pc and giant desk out I can pretty much assume someone is going to see them.... I hope at least and this way Ill save a ton of cash I can put towards books.
That works too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts