Votes: 15 21.7%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, ordering my new case tomorrow, so far I'm
torn between a haf x and the silverstone fortress ft0b. I will
most likely stick to air cooling how ever I may consider water one day.

Any opinions are appeciated thanks guys.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Which Silverstone Fortress? I'd rather have an FT02 than the HAF-X since I'm not a huge fan of the HAF-X styling. I like the superior build quality of the FT02, but both have very good stock airflow, great potential airflow, good water cooling support and great cable management. Go with whichever one you think has better looks. Seeing as how you have an HAF 932 in your system specs, upgrading is hardly necessary unless you want something different. The FT02 is certainly a nice change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief View Post
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112243

My suggestion, its a great case, I actually just bought two of them cause the price was so great... I dont have a system for it but who cares, its classy.
I'll take one off your hands.

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post
Which Silverstone Fortress? I'd rather have an FT02 than the HAF-X since I'm not a huge fan of the HAF-X styling. I like the superior build quality of the FT02, but both have very good stock airflow, great potential airflow, good water cooling support and great cable management. Go with whichever one you think has better looks. Seeing as how you have an HAF 932 in your system specs, upgrading is hardly necessary unless you want something different. The FT02 is certainly a nice change.

I'll take one off your hands.

nah I'll put a pentium II machine in one, then giving one to my dad.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
Quote:

nah I'll put a pentium II machine in one, then giving one to my dad.
Pentium II doesn't deserve a PC-A70F. My i5 rig does though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mothow View Post
The Coolermaster 840 in black would be my choice for a full size case.Im not liken these newer case's much
The PC-A70F and PC-A71F are pretty much what the ATCS 840 wants to be. The only real advantage the ATCS 840 has is the standard water cooling support. But other top panels for the Lian-Li cases are sold separately, for those who water cool.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Silverstone FT-02.

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
The LIAN LI PC-A70F is a nice case. I may have to bite the $ and get one myself. The 700d would be my choice followed by the Coolermaster 840. The 840 would win if it had the 700d's front

Warning! Don't look at IcyPimpHands link if you value your eyes! ^^ is death of all reason and sanity. I must now add bleach

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post
Pentium II doesn't deserve a PC-A70F. My i5 rig does though.

The PC-A70F and PC-A71F are pretty much what the ATCS 840 wants to be. The only real advantage the ATCS 840 has is the standard water cooling support. But other top panels for the Lian-Li cases are sold separately, for those who water cool.

Yeah it does... It was the first computer I built (my dad helped me since I was like 7)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kind of seeing a lot of mixed views here, love it. I like the looks of that lian li also! I have about$400 AU to spend

·
Premium Member
14,325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coz_411 View Post
Kind of seeing a lot of mixed views here, love it. I like the looks of that lian li also! I have about$400 AU to spend

Can you get that lian li in AU for cheap?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier View Post
Silverstone FT-02.
It is shocking to me that anyone can look at these two cases and not come to the same conclusion.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Can you get that lian li in AU for cheap?
Yeah, it was actually one of my first choices.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bumpage before I make my purchase.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I had a 932 for 2 years, and my new 700D is really gorgeous... I recommend it. It's much bigger than the 932 and really well-designed. Cable management out the wazoo, and airflow really isn't a problem like I thought it would be. The intake fan points directly at the bottom of the graphics card (where the fan is), and with 3 fans on top, there are no problems with ventilation.

Definitely consider it

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrec Barrwin View Post
I had a 932 for 2 years, and my new 700D is really gorgeous... I recommend it. It's much bigger than the 932 and really well-designed. Cable management out the wazoo, and airflow really isn't a problem like I thought it would be. The intake fan points directly at the bottom of the graphics card (where the fan is), and with 3 fans on top, there are no problems with ventilation.

Definitely consider it

I assume the 800D would be a great choice as well?

I have a gtx 480 now, it wouldn't get too hot inside it would it?

Night even add some watercooling to it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts