·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get new hardware next year.<br>
Probably in February, but if prices fall, I wait for that to happen.<br><br>
So far I have the chase and a 420 W PSU. And XP Home.<br>
You got 800 bucks, your suggestion?<br><br>
Its a only gaming machine, because I got my Notebook for everything else.

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
It would be hard to give you a recommendation for hardware now if you're not buying until February, since prices will change and new parts debut.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Is there so much change within prices in some months?<br><br>
But as for new debuting hardware,<br>
I certainly dont have have the money in three months for somethinig that is not out now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
if it was me.. id get the case and all the parts that show. ie optical drives.. and start modding..<br><br>
save ur money for parts that matter. cus everybody knows after xmas prices drop..<br><br>
thats what i plan on doing here in a month.. better watch out for that not goinna be long.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Theres a whole bunch of stuff coming out in November. I think by Feb alot of the prices for the older Gen stuff will of Dropped. 7 series geforce graphics cards will probably be cheapers since 8 series comes out in november.<br><br>
I think the Core 2 Quads are coming out in November as well. Which would probably mean Core 2 Duos will be cheaper.

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
I would get a Core 2 Duo, with a Core 2 Quad-supporting motherboard and a mid-range 8xxx card (8600, or what ever).

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
8 series supports DX10 whereas 7 series will not (or at best will emulate it, meaning a huge performance hit)<br />
<br />
You'll have to wait at least until February for a mid-range 8 series though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts