Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get into overclocking with my new system. (in sig) I was looking at the Cooler Master Hyper 212 and the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. I was just looking to get some 1st hand opinions on people that use them or have used them. Or if you can suggest something else that works thats cool too. Im trying to keep it in the 30-50$ US price range. Space isnt really an issue I have a lot of room in this case.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
If you have $50, the Prolimatech Megahalems are on sale for under $50 at Microcenter right now. Those will be the best bang for your buck.

·
Intel/Nvidia
3,445 Posts
Xigmatek Dark Knight is a good option.

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
I have a Freezer Pro 7 that I replaced. It is not terribly quiet, and it is a mediocre cooler. I could not OC with it.

If you can get the Megahalems at Micro Center, do it. Otherwise, the Silver Arrow is the best, is $75 plus shipping and comes with its own fans.

With the Megahalems - I have one and love it - you must buy your own fans. See item 1. in my sig to see the kind of fans I tested with it.

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty5591 View Post
correct me if im wrong but the OP has an AMD system, doesnt the megahalems only accept intel sockets?
Oops. Forgot about that. Good pickup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts