Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys well i have about £30 pounds to spend on some good air cooling for my current processor which is shown in my sig below..i could probably go a little over 30 pounds but its just a guidline..i hav looked at the zalman 9500 but i was wondering if there are any lighter coolers out there just as good.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Hmm...idk...never used it. Is there some reason (besides a name) that it is called vapo chill?

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by exhausted mule

looks pretty cool. but for reason i dont think its gonna get the same temps as the more established coolers.

Well what would you reccomend because its either the vapochill or the Zalman 9500

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
the fan is 17 cfm and 23oo rpms or so so it should be too loud at all. it also seems to come with a fan control so it should be fairly quiet. havent heard how good they are but it seems like it should improve on what you have now.

i had the ac freezer for my athlon 64 and it was a very capable fan and very quiet as well.

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

That cooler does not support my socket..my fault i should have said i have a 478 socket

I think they have a 478 version also....

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
ENTERPRISE1701,

I have an XP90 I no longer need as I have upgraded to water cooling.

Here's a link to it's specs. It was a great CPU cooler and is designed for use with skt 478. You want? I'll sell it to you for £20.00, plus £2.50 recorded P&P to where-ever you are in the UK. I'll even throw in a free (and unused) Silent Cat 9cm fan to mount on top. What'cha say, eh?

Highly-Annoyed

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Highly-Annoyed

ENTERPRISE1701,

I have an XP90 I no longer need as I have upgraded to water cooling.

Here's a link to it's specs. It was a great CPU cooler and is designed for use with skt 478. You want? I'll sell it to you for £20.00, plus £2.50 recorded P&P to where-ever you are in the UK. I'll even throw in a free (and unused) Silent Cat 9cm fan to mount on top. What'cha say, eh?

Highly-Annoyed

WOW u have me very interested...What temps did you get as in i really need good temps lol

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Get a TT Big Typhoon and slap a high-performance 12cm fan on it

• Rep+
Reactions: ENTERPRISE

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by laboitenoire

Get a TT Big Typhoon and slap a high-performance 12cm fan on it

Well i would but i really dont want to take out my mobo to install the special mounting bracket..thanks anyways

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

WOW u have me very interested...What temps did you get as in i really need good temps lol

I used to get 55°C full load at 3GHz. It is, however, difficult to compare temps from my Prescott with what you currently get with your Northwood. The pressy (in skt.478) runs so hot compared to other CPUs... Also, I only used a 36CFM fan on the XP90 when I was using it, as I found the "Silent" Cat was still too noisy for me...

If you check out this review of your fan though, you can see how it can keep my CPU down to 47°C full load on a HS without any heat-pipes! The XP90 has 4 heat-pipes and a nickel plated solid copper base. With your fan on the XP90, cooling your Northy, I'm sure you would get the kind of cooling you're after.

I would be willing to drop the price down to £20.00 (for the cooler and shipping together) if I leave the "Silent" Cat fan out of the deal. I don't think you'll be needing it anyway, as your fan seems far superior and will most definitely give you better cooling than the Cat can. What'cha think? Any good to you?

Highly-Annoyed

1 - 20 of 40 Posts