Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the rig im running right now is actualy pretty fast and runs very nice, and so my brothers offered to get me a new one and hes gna take my one....Now i was looking to get the amd 64 4000, and i found this place that does it for 200 pounds, how does this cpu overclock...or shall i get a opteron for a similar price???..i just wanted to know what advantage do the optys have over the 4000 and max i want to spend is 200 on the cpu..thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
I would go with the athlon 3700+ (San diego core) and save the rest for another upgrade. The steppings that are being produced are giving amazing overclocking results. Many are getting 3.0ghz+ on air! The only real benefit you'll get with the 4000 is just the extra 12X multi.

·
Banned
218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by erauman

I would go with the athlon 3700+ (San diego core). The steppings that are being produced are giving amazing overclocking results. Many are getting 3.0ghz+ on air! The only real benefit you'll get with the 4000 is just the extra 12X multi.

I totally agree not that I am totally biased towards the 3700+ sandy cause I own one but I heard many other good things about it, I got mine from newegg.com and I got an E4 stepping which is really good. Also remember that the 3700+ has the same core as the FX-57. as for opteron I would have bought it but when overclocking and the warranty only covers it for servers (not pc's) that can make you change your mind pretty quickly

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm...now that seems to have changed my mind now...mayb a 3700 sd core would be better...i mean 3.0ghz on air..that sounds cool....but is that 100% stable??

·
Banned
218 Posts
honestly I havent tried it at 3.0 but I know I can easily get 250x11 (2750) and HTT is 4x soo my HTT is running at 1000 (anything over is not good - under is alright) and right now I am running it at 24/7. idle is 34 and load is 41. I have the E4 stepping so I know my processor can handle up 70C but for the meantime I am happy.

ps those temps are low cause I have the big typhoon.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i noticed the tt Big typhoon...but yea those temps are pretty cool man..i think uve changed my mind to 3700...THank u man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts