Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
this game engine is way ahead tech wise than sin episodes, and anything else in the near future that I have seen. The only other graphics engine right now slightly comparable is the Unreal 2007 engine, and crysis has alot more potential in my mind. Incredible graphics whether or not your up close and personal with an NPC, or can see way out into the horizon, the graphics always seem believable. The Unreal 2007 engine will always still look like a "game", where the crysis engine is getting further away from that polished "game" look and bringing more "realism" to the eye candy. To sum it up, all I'm saying is that until I seen this engine in action, games have still just looked like games. It's amazing the how accurate the lighting is becoming. Now I don't think there is a pc gamer out there who won't splurge on a DX10 card, and if there is, I feel sooooo sorry for you...I try to only buy one card for each DirectX version, because I'm a cheap punk, but we'll have to see how long DirectX10 lasts, 9 didn't last very long at all, well, fully supported DX9 didn't anyway...

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
It looks like Farcry2 meets BF2...lol. Should be sweet!!!!

·
Banned
230 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ouroboros1827

Oh...my god.

If only it ran on linux...

there is a programm where you can run windows apps on a Linux OS, well ubuntu atleast,i dont know the name of it but ask an Ubuntu gamer and he'll tell you

·
Registered
672 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by simon741

so are u guys saying that 2 512mb GTXs and an FX-60 wouldnt be able to play it well? Nobody will be able to afford to play that game then.

It's not that that. The GTXs aren't made for DX10, they are made with DX9 technology. This will use "future technology", IE DX10. I'm sure that 2x7800GTX 512 will more than meet minimum requirements; but will it play it to its full potential? Probably Not.

·
Banned
230 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyrox

It's not that that. The GTXs aren't made for DX10, they are made with DX9 technology. This will use "future technology", IE DX10. I'm sure that 2x7800GTX 512 will more than meet minimum requirements; but will it play it to its full potential? Probably Not.

serious? then SLI 7900gtx's probably wont take full advantage

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
No, the 7800GTX 512MB can't render DX10 things such as SM4.0 and the like. You will be able to get 50FPS playing, but it won't look quite as good as a native DX10 card. Me? I'm getting an 8800GTX a year after it comes out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts