Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Have that both Noctua P12 and P14 and TY-140, if agasint P14 performance wise almost similar, but if both cranked up to their max, the noise profile for TY-140 simply beats P14 and P12, also with PWM, you simply easier to control the speed thru mobo fan header.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
just a sidenote: you need other fanclips (eg megahlems) to fit the ty 140 on the d14, or you need to cut off a bit from the ty 140...

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
I just read a guy who fit a TY-140 to a D14 without cutting the fan. He used drills - held with his hand because the plastic is soft - to allow the pegs to go further in. This allowed the Noctua clips to work on the fan.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CerealKillah
View Post

I am getting ready to build my new Sandy Bridge setup and wanted to know:

I have a NIB TY-140 laying around. Would I be better off installing the TY-140 where the P12 is installed?

Thanks guys!

Didn't you just get a Silver Arrow?

Any reason you switched to the D14?

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yati
View Post

According to this review, it would make no difference in performance putting in the TY-140. Use the Nh-d14 the way it is and use your spare Ty-140 for a case fan or something.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture...ztable.png&1=1

I'll be testing the TY-140's myself soon. The big question for me is not so much the performance as the noise, both amount and quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts