Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a Logitech X-230 2.1 setup, sold locally for $50. (yeah i sold it for a pretty good price on my end)
Best setup for $50? Considering 5.1 setup, but it's expensive. Maybe re-certified? Suggestions on best 2.1 or a good 5.1 setup?

·
Registered
488 Posts
http://www.theaudioinsider.com/produ...products_id=89

These speakers have such defined and well tuned highs that I notice sounds I never heard before in so much of my music collection. The 5" woofer in this 2.1 kit provides ample thump/boom without compromising sound quality. If you want your room to shake every time a grenade goes off in a game then stick with unbalanced Logitech speakers.

If you want to enjoy music and other multimedia (as well as gaming) in high fidelity... look no further than the Swan m10! You can thank me later.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Internets View Post
http://www.theaudioinsider.com/produ...products_id=89

These speakers have such defined and well tuned highs that I notice sounds I never heard before in so much of my music collection. The 5" woofer in this 2.1 kit provides ample thump/boom without compromising sound quality. If you want your room to shake every time a grenade goes off in a game then stick with unbalanced Logitech speakers.

If you want to enjoy music and other multimedia (as well as gaming) in high fidelity... look no further than the Swan m10! You can thank me later.

$120, ouch.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallrocks View Post
For $120 you can do better.
But I can't do that. I can do $60 max. So nothing better than X530 in that price range?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaivorth View Post
But I can't do that. I can do $60 max. So nothing better than X530 in that price range?
There's better, but nothing you'd be satisfied with as an upgrade.

My advice: go to a thrift store.. they occasionally have stuff worth buying.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would the Z-2300's be worth the upgrade?

·
Audiofool
3,486 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do not want headphones. These are going to be for music and movies. I live in a dorm, and like to listen to loud music, but I don't want it distorted either :X

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Quote:

I do not want headphones. These are going to be for music and movies. I live in a dorm, and like to listen to loud music, but I don't want it distorted either :X
Can't get anything like that for $60.

Double your budget and then we'll talk.

·
Audiofool
3,486 Posts
Quote:

Not sure what to tell you then. You're not going to find much of anything good for $60.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yea if your budget is $60 you should have kept your x230. If you can up your budget to $150, get the M-Audio AV40 or Klipsch promedia (if you want a sub).

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Then you shouldn't have sold the Logitech.
Granted it sounds abysmal in the treble and midrange department, but with a bit of EQing it sounds bearable at least.

Right now it's a bit hard to find something that will fit the budget because firstly, it's really too low to recommend any brand new serious gear.

Then when you look used, you can't really find anything spectacular for this price range either.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just went ahead and ordered the X530 by Logitech for $50 free shipping. Figured that wasn't bad, considering I know I at least liked the X230's a lot. Surround sound can only be better seeing as how there based on the same speakers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts