Overclock.net banner

2941 - 2960 of 10181 Posts

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Also note that RTC isn't consistent with the DIMM Config detection -- I've seen mine register as 2DPC-MR, 2DPC-DR, and 1DPC-SR with the same RAM kit installed. 1DPC-SR is correct.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Yeah, I don't like my BCLK less than 100, so I set it at 100.2 manually. The multiplier is at Auto.

PE Level 3 has never given me better clocks than Level 2. Don't know why. I did find that it kept a constant speed (instead of fluctuating like PE level 2 does), but it was lower than PE Level 2.

PE Level 4 gives me 4350MHz on all cores when gaming, but also hard-locks. I tried positive offset voltage, but it was going well into the 1.5v range.
If you want to take advantage of how PE Lvl 3 or 4 locks the speed during multi-core work, but don't like where Level 3 or Level 4 puts your speed then you can adjust them with Ryzen Master. What I do is set it to Level 3 and when my PC boots into Windows it is usually at a multiplier of 41.3 and sometimes 41. This can be adjusted by increasing the EDC value. In increments of 4 or 5. Level 3 starts at 145 I believe so if you boot in at a multiplier of 40.5 and want to increase the multiplier to 41.5 change the EDC to something like 155 or 158. See what it brings your multiplier up to and re-adjust up or down as needed. You can get Level 3 up to multiplier 42.3~42.5 by changing the EDC value up to 168.

After you make your adjustment you can close Ryzen Master. It's just something you'll have to do with every reboot, but since my CPU boots with a different multiplier sometimes I prefer it that way.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Passed all 3 different mem test but when i play games i'm getting hard locks, any idea what would cause this? Only happened after I OCd RAM
I would try adding a little more voltage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, I don't like my BCLK less than 100, so I set it at 100.2 manually. The multiplier is at Auto.

PE Level 3 has never given me better clocks than Level 2. Don't know why. I did find that it kept a constant speed (instead of fluctuating like PE level 2 does), but it was lower than PE Level 2.

PE Level 4 gives me 4350MHz on all cores when gaming, but also hard-locks. I tried positive offset voltage, but it was going well into the 1.5v range.
Don't think the x470f strix lets me set it to 100.2=/ was trying lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
My C7H runs the BLCK at 99.8 according to HWinfo64. If I change in to 100.2 in the bios it just goes to 100.4 or something. Is this enough to cause instability?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
My C7H runs the BLCK at 99.8 according to HWinfo64. If I change in to 100.2 in the bios it just goes to 100.4 or something. Is this enough to cause instability?
The 99.8 is normal, but I haven't seen myself or from anyone else the issue you're describing.

But yeah the BCLK going up on you can cause instability. It increases the speed of basically everything. It's only a little bit, but if you're already on the edge then it can be enough to push it over.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The 99.8 is normal, but I haven't seen myself or from anyone else the issue you're describing.

But yeah the BCLK going up on you can cause instability. It increases the speed of basically everything. It's only a little bit, but if you're already on the edge then it can be enough to push it over.
I know it determines the speed of everything and all that jazz but I have never had a PC where I felt compelled to try and tinker with it. I just leave it on stock but I have played around with it and everything seems to be fine. Could this be why my Gaming 5 wifi (x470) felt unstable as my C7H is rock solid in everything. (hard to describe but you know that feeling you get when your PC is just rock solid stable?)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I know it determines the speed of everything and all that jazz but I have never had a PC where I felt compelled to try and tinker with it. I just leave it on stock but I have played around with it and everything seems to be fine. Could this be why my Gaming 5 wifi (x470) felt unstable as my C7H is rock solid in everything. (hard to describe but you know that feeling you get when your PC is just rock solid stable?)
I feel ya on the tinkering. My previous PC was an Asus ROG CB20 so there wasn't anything I could do with it. Now that I have a motherboard with a BIOS that allows for a ton of tweaks I've been playing the OC game and enjoying myself.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I feel ya on the tinkering. My previous PC was an Asus ROG CB20 so there wasn't anything I could do with it. Now that I have a motherboard with a BIOS that allows for a ton of tweaks I've been playing the OC game and enjoying myself.
Yea same here except with the 2700x any my Corsair H100i installed now I just use performance enhancer 2 and undervolt and call it a day. Although I am seriously debating testing out my TridentZ RGB ram again. According to the calculator 3000mhz Hynix AFR fast timging are CL14 so I may try that and see how it performs. I know it maybe slightly slower but the RGB just looks good and if the performance isnt that much lower I may just sell that FlareX kit but no one seems to want any ram anymore...

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
The BCLK at 100.4MHz should not be enough to cause instability. All of the recent computers I have overclocked were capable of 103MHz BCLK - and that includes the X370 and X470 chipsets. You might have PCIe devices that don't handle overclocked BCLK well.

Note that with the C7H you can use Asynchronous mode where PCIe devices are kept at standard speed while the BCLK is overclocked. That does introduce some extra latency though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have followed the steps to extract data for my RAM as outlined in OP by the author, but the calculator does not record anything when I try to type it in. Using v1.3.1 either the numeric keypad or on the querty side of keyboard. Nothing works, running as admin but can enter only BCLK value.

Have no idea what's going on here?

Edit: enabling custom fixes this.

Edit 2: entered timings for safe mode @ 3066MHz ( this is the speed I wanted to try first before 3200MHz to be sure it actually boots ) as indicated from TB but system fails to boot, only boots at 2133MHz.

System is in my "Daily Gamer".

This is my RAM.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
That said what . How many years have them run 100 Mhz on the motherboard. Answers for a very long time. And why. Smile. And now succeed them not even that. Much fun or how. What has them found for the people. Not even 100 mhz math. As you can see, what is developed motherboard goes in only 100 Mhz of the day.
Today, it should be at least today 2000 Mhz

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That said what . How many years have them run 100 Mhz on the motherboard. Answers for a very long time. And why. Smile. And now succeed them not even that. Much fun or how. What has them found for the people. Not even 100 mhz math. As you can see, what is developed motherboard goes in only 100 Mhz of the day.
Today, it should be at least today 2000 Mhz
not really, you have to take in consideration motherboard paths crosstalking

·
Registered
354 Posts
In regards to running Memtest, if one reads the instructions that pop up in a window when first launched, it says to run one instance for each core of the cpu, NOT for each thread, as I have observed many times throughout this entire discussion.

Example: 8core/16thread cpu like 2700, run 8 instances of memtest.

Seriously, that's what the instructions clearly indicate at least with latest version 6.1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
^I always ran one per thread. Not sure it's that great of a test though. Passed multiple 1000% runs.

I ran all the ram tests and passed multiple times but had random lockups in games. Ran 1usmus testmem config (in his sig) and found errors. Had to dial back ram oc a bit but now pass many runs of his test and no more game lockups.

2941 - 2960 of 10181 Posts