124 Posts
A big topic exists here on OCN by The Stilt
"Matisse demystified (not really)" or something similar in title :D
thanks....

·
Overclock the World
1,984 Posts
What can I do to get this stable?
Do any of these settings look wrong/suboptimal or too extreme/require excessive voltage for little latency gain?
I can last like 50 minutes TM5 1usmus_V3 before "Error 13", I don't know what that means.
View attachment 2466016
Also I've tried so much to get 1900 FCLK... I don't if it's impossible or if someone smarter could do it, it just doesn't post, hope new BIOS will help.

Is it a problem tRTP isn't a clean divider of tRFC?
Thanks

Edit: got an Error 12 23 minutes in
Error 13 ~ simple test size 0
Memory crash by something / memory can't be utilized
Error 12 ~ Simple test size 4mb
Burst test. Crash by too high voltage or too small tRP window

Pretty sure it's voltage at this point
But your tWRRD is wrong
should be 3 not 4 :)
4*3 = 12 = <14 tRCD_WR = correct
4*4 = 16 = >16 tRCD = will timeout
tRDWR = 2 * x = equal or higher than tRCD_RD. If lower, tWRRD needs to be used, else tWRRD = 1 on equal or +1

RTT looks very awkward, but i think it's a voltage issue
They simply crash, likely overcurrent issue
Okay, I think this is the major one I need to check because others with near identical if not exact same settings as me are getting better latency.

EDIT:
Okay your suggestions are definitely helping

EDIT 2: Okay this is where I ended up
View attachment 2466009
tFAW down to 4* tRRD_S = 16
tRRD_L down to 5
tWTR_L down to 10 and tWTR_S down to 4

After you can post, SCL down to 3
and then make a stability check
Afterwards try tRDWR 9 and tWRRD 4

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
To do a quick stability test I use the 1usmus_v3 but change Time (%)=100 to Time (%)=1000 and only do one cycle.

I've never had it pass this then fail 25 cycles of regular 1usmus_v3 or [email protected]

I DO let it run [email protected] overnight even if it passes though, just take an hour to do the quick test while watching Twitch, etc. :)

Anything I need to tweak, @Veii ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all, a little improvement but not able to make it fully stable.

I've adjusted IOD / CCD to 1.000v as SOC is 1.050v. Going higher on SOC is not helping.
Tried this several times and is giving me more troubles making tests to fail much quicker.

Also already tested different ProcODT, RTTNom, RTTWR,...and the most stable config by far is with the following settings.

With VDDG IOD / CCD voltage adjustments a little improvement, but still 1 error...I don't know how to get rid of that one arggggg, failing always in Test 2. What does this mean?

I've been trying also changing DrvStr 24/20/24/24 and many more combinations but the best result so far is in Auto 24/24/24/24.
Also I've tried with little VDDP adjustments like 920mv, 925mv, but no chance.

Maybe some timing is not correct? I've only adjusted manually primary timings and the other subtimings etc are on AUTO.

Don't know what more to try. A bit lost right now. Any ideas?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bit on the expensive side. Should move in the 259-275€ region. Sadly i have to pass on it for now
Tell you what. We, here in eastern EU, usually have lower prices than the western EU for componnents. If this will be the case with this B550 Unify too, I'll let you know and we'll figure out a solution.

·
Old crazy guy
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Stumbled upon this guide on how to find the right termination values:

What do you think, does it make sense?
Which part, you linked a whole compendium of 20 pages lol.

·
Old crazy guy
1,739 Posts
Which part, you linked a whole compendium of 20 pages lol.
Uh? It's only one page, one post, 6 steps, that I linked:

How to do Stable DDR4 Tuning on Ryzen: Finding the Appropriate Values of the Termination Resistance (Rev. 2)

I don't see other stuff...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Error 13 ~ simple test size 0
Memory crash by something / memory can't be utilized
Error 12 ~ Simple test size 4mb
Burst test. Crash by too high voltage or too small tRP window

Pretty sure it's voltage at this point
But your tWRRD is wrong
should be 3 not 4 :)
4*3 = 12 = <14 tRCD_WR = correct
4*4 = 16 = >16 tRCD = will timeout
tRDWR = 2 * x = equal or higher than tRCD_RD. If lower, tWRRD needs to be used, else tWRRD = 1 on equal or +1

RTT looks very awkward, but i think it's a voltage issue
They simply crash, likely overcurrent issue
I feel like giving up and going back to 16-16-16-16-32-48 lol..

Ran for over an hour fine before I left to sleep.
I don't know what to change, haven't messed with voltage related settings much cause I'm new and don't want to damage anything with things I don't understand, RTT/Proc/DrvStr all Auto.
Also ZenTimings is wrong, BGS is Enabled, BGS Alt is Disabled. 4x8gb B-Die Patriot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know what to change, haven't messed with voltage related settings much cause I'm new and don't want to damage anything with things I don't understand, RTT/Proc/DrvStr all Auto.
Also ZenTimings is wrong, BGS is Enabled, BGS Alt is Disabled. 4x8gb B-Die Patriot.
Im in a similar problem like you, but with 4x8gb B-Die Gskill 3600c17

With 2 sticks, i can reach 3733 without problem ... now with the 4 sticks, is very mostly impossible to find the rights timings to make it stable.

Here are my tuned 3600 C16 timings - 1.4v working without errors, and my failure timmings in 3733.

·
Old crazy guy
1,739 Posts
View attachment 2466069
Maybe tRFC at 252 is a bit too much aggressive?
What kind of VDIMM voltage are you running?
I had a similar weird behavior with tRFC, not that dramatic though.
I'd try 266 with the same voltage or bumping up a little.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
To do a quick stability test I use the 1usmus_v3 but change Time (%)=100 to Time (%)=1000 and only do one cycle.

I've never had it pass this then fail 25 cycles of regular 1usmus_v3 or [email protected]

I DO let it run [email protected] overnight even if it passes though, just take an hour to do the quick test while watching Twitch, etc. :)

Anything I need to tweak, @Veii ?

View attachment 2466020
Passed Anta Extreme last night as well. I have a screenshot but never uploaded here before I came to work.

Like I said, if it passes one cycle of 1usmus_v3 set to 1000% it'll pass anything I throw at it. :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
View attachment 2466069
Im in a similar problem like you, but with 4x8gb B-Die Gskill 3600c17

With 2 sticks, i can reach 3733 without problem ... now with the 4 sticks, is very mostly impossible to find the rights timings to make it stable.

Here are my tuned 3600 C16 timings - 1.4v working without errors, and my failure timmings in 3733.

View attachment 2466072 View attachment 2466074
Guys, when in search for stable base to work from and using 32GB of RAM I advise you drop the 1T with GDM enabled and use 2T.

My own findings have found (others to) that 2T gives better throughput and better latency than 1T GDM enabled.

CL14 needs 1.5v +
CL16 can be done with 1.4v +

Next, start with
RttNom / RttWr / RttPark @ 7/5/1
ProcODT 43.6 ohms
vSOC 1.065 - 1.075
vDDP 0.900V
vDDG IOD -0.050v from vSOC
vDDG CCD -0.025v from vDDG IOD

Probably best to leave ClkDrv, AddrCmdDrvStr, CsOdtDrvStr & CkeDrvStr on auto....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, when in search for stable base to work from and using 32GB of RAM I advise you drop the 1T with GDM enabled and use 2T.

My own findings have found (others to) that 2T gives better throughput and better latency than 1T GDM enabled.

CL14 needs 1.5v +

Next, start with
ProcODT 43.6 ohms
vSOC 1.065 - 1.075
vDDP 0.900V

Probably best to leave ClkDrv, AddrCmdDrvStr, CsOdtDrvStr & CkeDrvStr on auto....
Thanks for you tips bro, with

GDM Off
2T
Norm: 7
Wr: 1
Park:5

I have a lot of errors...... +800.

For the moment my best result (lower errors, was with this settings) With 1.39v , if i go with the same settings to 1.4.... more errors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe tRFC at 252 is a bit too much aggressive?
What kind of VDIMM voltage are you running?
I had a similar weird behavior with tRFC, not that dramatic though.
I'd try 266 with the same voltage or bumping up a little.
Just tried 266, 198, 122. Error 13 20 minutes in.
VDIMM I actually pushed up to 1.56v, it does increments of 0.010v and had errors at each step, though seemingly took longer up to about 1.53v 1.54v, don't know if anything higher actually helps more. I started at 1.5v for CL16 and didn't get around to trying lower, I'm not worried about 1.55v short term or maybe even long term just wanted to see if it would help. I don't want to go any higher though, even just to see
This is stable overnight:
[/ATTACH]

CL14 needs 1.5v +

Next, start with
ProcODT 43.6 ohms
vSOC 1.065 - 1.075
vDDP 0.900V

Alright I'll give these a try

Edit: Pretty sure my read speed is quite a bit worse with 2T, latency seems about the same as GDM
Also RttWr @ 3 was the closest option I had

Error 12 15 mins in... :cry: And if that means too high voltage, it BSOD on boot lowering to 1.50v. I do create sys images, I'm not destroying my OS
Got an Error 6, which means I should raise vSOC vDDP vDDG? Feel like nothing I'm doing is reducing errors...
Error 10 32 mins in, already raised vSOC 1.1 vDDP 0.950v vDDG IOD 1.050v vDDG CCD 1.025v
Error 13 20 mins in with tRFC reduced to what I used with stable overnight CL16 (288, 214, 132)

What now?

(Reposted cause mods taking forever to unhide after too many edits, apparently I should just flood topic with new posts every update?...)

·
Old crazy guy
1,739 Posts
Just tried 266, 198, 122. Error 13 20 minutes in.
VDIMM I actually pushed up to 1.56v, it does increments of 0.010v and had errors at each step, though seemingly took longer up to about 1.53v 1.54v, don't know if anything higher actually helps more. I started at 1.5v for CL16 and didn't get around to trying lower, I'm not worried about 1.55v short term or maybe even long term just wanted to see if it would help. I don't want to go any higher though, even just to see
This is stable overnight:

Alright I'll give these a try

Edit: Pretty sure my read speed is quite a bit worse with 2T, latency seems about the same as GDM
Also RttWr @ 3 was the closest option I had

Error 12 15 mins in... :cry: And if that means too high voltage, it BSOD on boot lowering to 1.50v. I do create sys images, I'm not destroying my OS
Got an Error 6, which means I should raise vSOC vDDP vDDG? Feel like nothing I'm doing is reducing errors...
Error 10 32 mins in, already raised vSOC 1.1 vDDP 0.950v vDDG IOD 1.050v vDDG CCD 1.025v
Error 13 20 mins in with tRFC reduced to what I used with stable overnight CL16 (288, 214, 132)

What now?

(Reposted cause mods taking forever to unhide after too many edits, apparently I should just flood topic with new posts every update?...)
I think this is way too much errors for that voltage.
Pretty sure your problem is the wrong termination settings.
I had to struggle a lot to find the right values for my F4-4000C16 kit.
I was getting too very weird and inconsistent TM5 errors.

Settings for GDM Enabled are different than those with GDM Disabled.

I'm running with GDM, any deviation is unstable:
ProcODT 36.9
ClkDrvStr 20
AddrCmdDrvStr 20
CsOdtDrvStr 20
CkeDrvStr 20

AddrCmdSetup 0
CsOdtSetup 0
CkeSetup 0

Without GDM somehow I can't find the settings saved.
I should have posted them here but I'm not sure when.

But should be those:

ProcODT 48
ClkDrvStr 60
AddrCmdDrvStr 20
CsOdtDrvStr 20
CkeDrvStr 20

AddrCmdSetup 60
CsOdtSetup 60
CkeSetup 60

The most important is the 60 for the CAD Bus Setup.
Followed by the ClkDrvStr at 60.
Then it was fine-tuning; but start form this and see if it's improving.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think this is way too much errors for that voltage.
Pretty sure your problem is the wrong termination settings.
I had to struggle a lot to find the right values for my F4-4000C16 kit.
I was getting too very weird and inconsistent TM5 errors.

Settings for GDM Enabled are different than those with GDM Disabled.

I'm running with GDM, any deviation is unstable:
ProcODT 36.9
ClkDrvStr 20
AddrCmdDrvStr 20
CsOdtDrvStr 20
CkeDrvStr 20

AddrCmdSetup 0
CsOdtSetup 0
CkeSetup 0

Without GDM somehow I can't find the settings saved.
I should have posted them here but I'm not sure when.

But should be those:

ProcODT 48
ClkDrvStr 60
AddrCmdDrvStr 20
CsOdtDrvStr 20
CkeDrvStr 20

AddrCmdSetup 60
CsOdtSetup 60
CkeSetup 60

The most important is the 60 for the CAD Bus Setup.
Followed by the ClkDrvStr at 60.
Then it was fine-tuning; but start form this and see if it's improving.
Thanks, I can't tell if it helped, got to 45 minutes Error 7 and then Error 6 about a minute later.

Again ZenTimings is wrong, BGS is Enabled, BGS Alt is Disabled. 4xSR sticks.
I put tRFC2/4 back to Auto just to see, as that's what it was until a couple days ago.
This stuff is too complicated, I have no ideas

Edit:
vSOC to 1.125
vDDG CCD to 1.05
tRFC/2/4 to 336/250/154
Error 7 within 5 minutes

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi

A local retailer has old Crucial Ballistix Sport (16GB 3000CL16) in stocks. BLS16G4D30BESB and BLS16G4D30CEST. BES one looks to be D-die but I couldn't find anything about CES suffix.

1. Which die is the CES one?
2. what would be the OC possibility of those on a ryzen 2600 & asus B350 board?

thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
@Veii Do you know what Error 3 is? Just got that for the first time 11 minutes in.

BGS Enabled, BGS Alt Disabled.

Edit: Changed tRFC/2/4: 294/218/134 = Error 13, 11 mins in
Upped voltages and got 3 Error 10's in first 10 minutes

·
Registered
178 Posts
I need some help explaining this issue. I have been running 2x8 gigabyte DJR ram at 3800 using dram calc fast and gdm disabled for about a year. I decided to upgrade and put two more sticks of the identical ram in my system 2 days ago. I entered the timings for dram calculator fast four sticks single rank. I even tried gdm off. It had no problem booting every time and it threw a couple errors on tm5 20 cycles. I decided to turn gdm on. It passes TM5 20 cycles and memtest 500%. Fast forward to today. Cold booting I had no issues. Every restart would lead to a blue screen and corrupted Windows files. I could not figure out what was going on. I got desperate and reinstalled windows. Finally I decided to enter dram calc settings and put in dual rank instead of single rank by four sticks. So far no issues. Was I supposed to select dual rank when using four single rank sticks for the purposes of the calculator?

10121 - 10140 of 10230 Posts