Overclock.net banner

10721 - 10740 of 10756 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
@Veii

First test run with vSOC 1.068v passed the latest OCCT test. BTW it's a single rank kit. Using 53.3 ODT. CR1 seems to need this or maybe it's my memory kit, but I'll try lowering that after my TM5 run which should complete in the next few hours.

·
Overclock the World
2,492 Posts
@Veii

First test run with vSOC 1.068v passed the latest OCCT test. BTW it's a single rank kit. Using 53.3 ODT. CR1 seems to need this or maybe it's my memory kit, but I'll try lowering that after my TM5 run which should complete in the next few hours.
Latest, you mean newest "Extreme" ?
Else y-cruncher is your friend
No, I mean if I have b550 tomahawk, can I just copy another tomahawk owner's values and hope it will fit me best?
I see no issue there

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
@Veii OCCT 8.1.1 default test

Y cruncher kills my CPU 90's almost immediately

·
Overclocker
7,028 Posts
Hi

something what could be enhanced here?

4x8GB
VDDG CCD: 0.85V
VDIMM: 1.53V
watercooled

Impressive.

How did you test stability? Did you use OCCT mem bench? That one really finds errors fast. TM5 is not that reliable anymore imo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Impressive.

How did you test stability? Did you use OCCT mem bench? That one really finds errors fast. TM5 is not that reliable anymore imo.
TM5, P95 Large FFTs + MSI Kombustor, Y-Cruncher full component stress tester. All for 12+ hours

Going to test OCCT bench now :rolleyes: fingers crossed

·
Overclock the World
2,492 Posts
@Veii OCCT 8.1.1 default test

Y cruncher kills my CPU 90's almost immediately
You can still put a PPT limit on it for Heat-Taming
Same as an TDC limit if voltage limits are needed
Else OCCT basic is weaker than p95's typical testing method

A stable CPU will use it's enforced 90c throttle limit and package throttle
A crash on y-cruncher, is a crash ~ a real crash, it's not purely thermal related, as the CPU will do it's best to stay at peak 90c and not overshoot it
Exceptions are OC_Mode settings, with enforced fixed frequency and bypassed Precision Boost scaling & safety features
something what could be enhanced here?
GDM Off , 2T
Which very likely will show if your low tRRD & tWTR have a chance to survive normal not half-speed slowed down load
MUX run at half speed with GDM.
The positive of it is that you can run "apparently lower" tRFC, and lower looking secondary's
In reality it runs at half speed and fakes "low timings". Also hides RTT powering issues

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
You can still put a PPT limit on it for Heat-Taming
Same as an TDC limit if voltage limits are needed
Else OCCT basic is weaker than p95's typical testing method

A stable CPU will use it's enforced 90c throttle limit and package throttle
A crash on y-cruncher, is a crash ~ a real crash, it's not purely thermal related, as the CPU will do it's best to stay at peak 90c and not overshoot it
Exceptions are OC_Mode settings, with enforced fixed frequency and bypassed Precision Boost scaling & safety features
Ok, I'll give it another try. PBO has been disabled for about a week. Seen better results with CoreCycler having higher clock speeds with better stability. How many runs 3 minimum? I'll enable all tests, too.

EDIT: passed 3 runs, also no WHEA errors, thanks for the suggestions :)

EDIT2: 1700/3400, GDM disabled CR1, BGS Disabled, VSOC 1.0750, DRAM 1.452v, 53.3 Ohms, RZQ/5, 24-24-24-24, tRFC 160, 14-14-14-14-28-42, Single Rank kit. Dual Rank kit cl14 3800 coming in today due to thinking my IF was stable at 1900 lol ooof

·
Overclocker
7,028 Posts
TM5, P95 Large FFTs + MSI Kombustor, Y-Cruncher full component stress tester. All for 12+ hours

Going to test OCCT bench now :rolleyes: fingers crossed
Very nice,

Let me know how it goes.

What board are you using and what CPU oc? Can you show an Aida64 membench? :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello folks,

I need help tightening my timings. :giggle: @Veii

I recently switched to a 32GB DDR4 kit since I needed more than 16GB. The chip seems to be Micron Rev. J (I checked the Patriot barcode: 19JJB) and also exported a Full Thaiphoon report.

Until now I managed to drive the DIMMS to CL16 and sightly tightened everything, but I don't know if something looks out of place since I don't have any experience with this Micron "weird" Rev. This have been tested with Karhu until 6500% and with TM5 using 1usmus profile for 3 cycles. All pass.

Thank you in advance. (y)

Screenshot_2021-04-23 Screenshot.png Thaiphoon Full Report.png ZenTimings_Screenshot.png

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Hello folks,

I need help tightening my timings. :giggle: @Veii

I recently switched to a 32GB DDR4 kit since I needed more than 16GB. The chip seems to be Micron Rev. J (I checked the Patriot barcode: 19JJB) and also exported a Full Thaiphoon report.

Until now I managed to drive the DIMMS to CL16 and sightly tightened everything, but I don't know if something looks out of place since I don't have any experience with this Micron "weird" Rev. This have been tested with Karhu until 6500% and with TM5 using 1usmus profile for 3 cycles. All pass.

Thank you in advance. (y)

View attachment 2487688 View attachment 2487690 View attachment 2487684
Rev.J has same behaviours as Rev.E. Settings are interchangeable. (might like a slightly different procODT but otherwise similar)
My Rev.J kits are better than my Rev.E kits.

• Rep+
Reactions: slice313

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rev.J has same behaviours as Rev.E. Settings are interchangeable. (might like a slightly different procODT but otherwise similar)
My Rev.J kits are better than my Rev.E kits.
I tried booting with the "1usmus Calc" + with the Rev. E preset (Bad bin and safe) and no luck sadly. Something is stooping me or my just have a bad bin. I attach the timings I tried with the comparison ON. Ty @Nighthog :)

rev e safe.png

·
Robotic Chemist
3,599 Posts

·
Overclocker
7,028 Posts
I think my new RAM kit is utter trash or my PSU is going bad..

No matter what setting or what i change, it remains unstable in gaming.. At first its okay but after a while i get lots of input lag in games which makes it unplayable.. I wish i never sold my FlareX kit...

I tried other BIOS as well but nothing works.. what an nightmare.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
@hurricane28 It's more likely the RAM kit. I have 1.35v cl19 4133 2x8 kit that I was thinking I could tighten the timings with higher volts at 3800, nope, kit is trash. I bought a 2x8 Cl14 3800 1.5v kit and it's a great kit. According to Ryzen Calculator the memory chip quality % is 114 and it's OC potential is 5040 @ cl16 but the calculator has known to been wrong at times.

·
Overclocker
7,028 Posts
@hurricane28 It's more likely the RAM kit. I have 1.35v cl19 4133 2x8 kit that I was thinking I could tighten the timings with higher volts at 3800, nope, kit is trash. I bought a 2x8 Cl14 3800 1.5v kit and it's a great kit. According to Ryzen Calculator the memory chip quality % is 114 and it's OC potential is 5040 @ cl16 but the calculator has known to been wrong at times.
I think so too man. I was 100% stable with my FlareX kit and since i got this one i get nothing but problems.. I highly doubt its B-die though. Cant even run 3800 MHz from 3600.. while the FlareX did 3800 MHz Cl14 without any issues!

Im returing this kit and get new one and go from there.

Here are my settings:

Nothing special so if it can't run this its trash imo..

·
Robotic Chemist
3,599 Posts
At first its okay but after a while i get lots of input lag in games which makes it unplayable..
This doesn't make sense as a simple hardware issue. What could the RAM be doing that would cause increased input lag after a bit, while not causing stability issues at the same time?

I would look for software, temperature, or power issues.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
@hurricane28 Is Spread Spectrum disabled in your bios? Might want to make sure that's disabled first.

·
Overclocker
7,028 Posts
This doesn't make sense as a simple hardware issue. What could the RAM be doing that would cause increased input lag after a bit, while not causing stability issues at the same time?

I would look for software, temperature, or power issues.
That is what im saying too but can't find anything. Im starting to see the PSU as suspect as its already 7 years old.. I don't see anything weird though but still it can be a good explanation as it happens over time and one day its stable and the other its acting up.

@hurricane28 Is Spread Spectrum disabled in your bios? Might want to make sure that's disabled first.
Yes its always disabled in BIOS. I knew this could cause some problems indeed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is what im saying too but can't find anything. Im starting to see the PSU as suspect as its already 7 years old.. I don't see anything weird though but still it can be a good explanation as it happens over time and one day its stable and the other its acting up.

Yes its always disabled in BIOS. I knew this could cause some problems indeed.
You say its unstable in gaming. Most likely your ram is getting warm from gpu heat and your low trfc is causing errors. try setting your trfc to 400, open hwinfo64 during some gaming sessions so you can log your dram temps. if it cures the issue then its simply your sticks getting to hot for the set trfc which is temp sensitive. Long term fix- increase cooling or increase trfc accordingly.

10721 - 10740 of 10756 Posts