Overclock.net banner

10741 - 10756 of 10756 Posts

·
Overclocker
7,028 Posts
You say its unstable in gaming. Most likely your ram is getting warm from gpu heat and your low trfc is causing errors. try setting your trfc to 400, open hwinfo64 during some gaming sessions so you can log your dram temps. if it cures the issue then its simply your sticks getting to hot for the set trfc which is temp sensitive. Long term fix- increase cooling or increase trfc accordingly.

Thnx for feedback.

My RAM never gets hot as i keep an keen eye on temps on all of my components. My RAM never exceeds 35c during gaming or even heavy stresstesting as i have an fan blowing on bot dimms.

I think this RAM kit is just a dud as my FlareX kit could do much the same at lower voltages.. I might return this one and get 3800 MHz kit instead or higher speed.

As of now its running pretty good but with some mouse lag issues which i don't know what is causing this. Can be Windows, can be the BIOS, can be software, can be anything really. So i stick with it so far until new updates roll out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice,

Let me know how it goes.

What board are you using and what CPU oc? Can you show an Aida64 membench? :D

OCCT passed several times without error/s.
MB is Asus Crosshair VIII Formula
CPU is in AutoOC mode with vcore offset -0.1V
Aida with AutoOC / AllCore 4.5GHz

GDM Off , 2T
Which very likely will show if your low tRRD & tWTR have a chance to survive normal not half-speed slowed down load
MUX run at half speed with GDM.
The positive of it is that you can run "apparently lower" tRFC, and lower looking secondary's
In reality it runs at half speed and fakes "low timings". Also hides RTT powering issues
Ok will try that, but I'm doubt that it will survive it, if it's like you described regarding the GDM.
Any suggestion regarding the timings values to that bootable? GDM Off , 2T

Attachments

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Is it me or does CR1 GDM Disabled feel and perform better for gaming than GDM Enabled?

·
Overclocker
7,028 Posts
OCCT passed several times without error/s.
MB is Asus Crosshair VIII Formula
CPU is in AutoOC mode with vcore offset -0.1V
Aida with AutoOC / AllCore 4.5GHz

Ok will try that, but I'm doubt that it will survive it, if it's like you described regarding the GDM.
Any suggestion regarding the timings values to that bootable? GDM Off , 2T
Very nice man! Is this the best result you can get out of it or do you leave it at this? Nothing wrong with it obviously, just curious.

The thing with my system is that i can pass anything one day and the other it can't.. Seems like power issues to me. Gonna buy new PSU anyway soon.

This new kit i have is also B-die but not from the same quality as my Flare X i think.

·
Overclocker
7,028 Posts
Man, i tried everything but this RAM kit is giving me lots of issues man...

Nothing will work anything out of spec and it becomes unstable... nothing runs too hot or too much voltage whatsoever im doing this for a long time now and this kit is the worst B-die kit i ever heard of..

**** what an frustration this can be.. Im running stock settings now, im done with this ****. Returning this crappy kit and get something that is actually quality instead of this dud.. My Flare X was 10000x better than this.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
@hurricane28 tl:dr have you tried a different PCB revision? Like A2

My DR 3800 Cl14 is limited by my IF to 1866 so with GDM Enabled it can do Manual timings from Calculator, and at the same settings it won't boot when I change ONLY GDM from Enabled to Disabled + CR2. It might need a little more volts, however. When I use the A2 PCB revision setting & plug in the timings I can use less volts with the IF and it's stable. The only caveat is that I've only stability tested today and I'll need to run tests again tomorrow to make sure it's good to go, but that's besides the point.

·
Registered
Overclocking - latest technology
284 Posts

My DR 3800 Cl14 is limited by my IF to 1866 so with GDM Enabled it can do Manual timings from Calculator, and at the same settings it won't boot when I change ONLY GDM from Enabled to Disabled + CR2. It might need a little more volts, however. When I use the A2 PCB revision setting & plug in the timings I can use less volts with the IF and it's stable. The only caveat is that I've only stability tested today and I'll need to run tests again tomorrow to make sure it's good to go, but that's besides the point.
Hi! I also have the one of the new memory kits 3800CL14 that Gakill released on November 2020 optimized for Rayzen 5000. In my case I have 2x16 that are dual rank and because of that Little bit hard to overclock. I saw two members how with these memories (PCB A02) manage to reach 3800-14-14-14 and in my case, it is hard to achieve. Indeed now im trying to lower my tRCDRD to 15 and as I’m using as an exception GDM enable, I know that I need some tweaks not only to reach 15 but also lower to 14 and then jumó to 4000/2000-16/16-16 thank should be easy

This are my timings now with a good bandwidth an latency. But I want to improve it.

View attachment 2488172
This configuración are extremely stable

From here first set I want to do is to lower 15 and set GDM off with 2T

The lower to 14z. And last 4000-16-16-16.
These are my kits. Do you have the same?

IMG_5675.jpg

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
@lmfodor Yes, I said they were DR (Dual Rank) I got them a few days ago. I also have a single rank 2x8 3800 CL14 1.5v kit that can do GDM Disabled CR1 @ 3400, again it's limited by my weak IF. I also have a 3600 2x16 DR CL16 1.35v kit that can do exactly what the 2x16 CL14 3800 kit can do. I think our kit is PCB revision A2, correct me if I am wrong. My 2x16 3800 kit did 3800 with manual timings however it was only doing 1800 IF. I just wanted to verify that the kit could do what it was sold to do. I used the manual timings from Calculator so I'm sure it'll do the XMP profile. So for me I've learned my new kit will do CR2 with GDM disabled @ 3733 but only with the A2 timings from Calculator. IIRC my 2x8 kit was the same way, but with a 2x16 DR kit you get Interleave so it's nice play with that option. You can disable Interleave through the bios. You can also play with BGS (Bank Group Swap) An article on the AMD forums suggests gaming fps are higher with BGS disabled however you lose Memory Read bandwidth.

·
Overclocker
7,028 Posts

Well the problem is that with my Flare X it was stable as a rock at the same settings.. This is weird as they are both B-die and my Trident Z neo is rated at 3600 CL16 and Flare X is 3200 Cl14 so i know my CPU/IF can handle 1900 fclk.

I have the same, no boot with GDM disabled. I'm running 1.450v on the RAM and 1.050 on the CLDO VDDP and VDDG IOD.

It is strange that i can pass Memtest5 and game for hours but with OCCT memtest i get WHEA error after one hour or less. Some day its good other day its within 30 or 1 hour mark.. I don't get it.

Why is OCCT so good in error detecting?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
@hurricane28 Where do the memory chips line up at with the NEO kit? I think the Flare X is an older design so I would guess the IC layout would differ than the NEO. I could be wrong though.
revision.jpg

·
Registered
Overclocking - latest technology
284 Posts
@lmfodor Yes, I said they were DR (Dual Rank) I got them a few days ago. I also have a single rank 2x8 3800 CL14 1.5v kit that can do GDM Disabled CR1 @ 3400, again it's limited by my weak IF. I also have a 3600 2x16 DR CL16 1.35v kit that can do exactly what the 2x16 CL14 3800 kit can do. I think our kit is PCB revision A2, correct me if I am wrong. My 2x16 3800 kit did 3800 with manual timings however it was only doing 1800 IF. I just wanted to verify that the kit could do what it was sold to do. I used the manual timings from Calculator so I'm sure it'll do the XMP profile. So for me I've learned my new kit will do CR2 with GDM disabled @ 3733 but only with the A2 timings from Calculator. IIRC my 2x8 kit was the same way, but with a 2x16 DR kit you get Interleave so it's nice play with that option. You can disable Interleave through the bios. You can also play with BGS (Bank Group Swap) An article on the AMD forums suggests gaming fps are higher with BGS disabled however you lose Memory Read bandwidth.
Hi! This is my best stable settings but now I’m working to set 2T. I only have two errors on TM5 so I need to find out what values is preventing to not work with GDM or better said, to use a tRCDRD at 15. I

IMG_5712.JPG

I will try disable interleaving. I never heard about that. If I loose bandwidth I prefer to not use BGS. I will research a little about this options.

What mobo are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Old crazy guy
2,783 Posts
I only have two errors on TM5 so I need to find out what values is preventing to not work with GDM
Did you set the timings? 3-3-15 or 4-4-18?
Without the setup timings right it'll be difficult to get it error free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I have a issue in the MEMbench feature inside the DRAM Calculator. When I do the Easy or Default bench, it only use 4 or 5 threads instead of my 12 threads (I have a r5 3600) Do you know why ? I dont use PBO, I'm on a manual fixed OC.
Thanks =)

·
Old crazy guy
2,783 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: wuttman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I have a issue in the MEMbench feature inside the DRAM Calculator. When I do the Easy or Default bench, it only use 4 or 5 threads instead of my 12 threads (I have a r5 3600) Do you know why ? I dont use PBO, I'm on a manual fixed OC.
Thanks =) View attachment 2488397
I deleted config file in %appdata%, now it use all threads, but I got the same score lol ^^
Just to give a little feedback

10741 - 10756 of 10756 Posts