1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make it short...

-Had a 6950
-Overnighted a GTX 670 on release
-Uninstalled all AMD Drivers and ran driver sweeper.
-Installed 301.34 Drivers from nVidia
-Games play for 2-30 seconds before weird artifacts and display driver crashes over and over until system hangs.

CPU is back at stock speed as well as GPU. Temperatures look normal, but any game or 3dMark will not run for any decent amount of time.

I have reinstalled the nVidia drivers, and may be re-installing Windows if nothing else seems to fix this.

Any ideas?

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
Exact same thing here. I think quite a few of us got some bad cards. It really sucks, I overnighted the card too. I'm RMA'ing to EVGA right now.

If you reinstall Windows, please tell me if it fixes the problem.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be trying it in another system tomorrow. I'm now getting driver crashes as soon as Windows loads.

Also just tried to run FluidMark and it maybe went a second and crashed.

For someone that was jumping ship to expect better performance, and easier driver installations....this may have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I do understand defects happen an no company is perfect. Hopefully Amazon can send me another, as I do not want to get a refurb from eVga for a card I just shelled out $420 for.

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
Considering it's so early in release, I'm pretty sure EVGA will give you a brand new one. Not only that, but you should be able to get a new one much faster from EVGA if you do cross shipping. They'll send you a new card before you even send yours. You would have to pay for the new card until you send your defective one back, but then they refund the money.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I had a bad card to, drivers could not find the card.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKYBOWSER View Post

Considering it's so early in release, I'm pretty sure EVGA will give you a brand new one. Not only that, but you should be able to get a new one much faster from EVGA if you do cross shipping. They'll send you a new card before you even send yours. You would have to pay for the new card until you send your defective one back, but then they refund the money.
Then there is still the fact of spending more money to ship back something I should not have to. If I wanted to spend more money I would have got the Signiture card when it released.

Did any of you other guys' cards seem fine the first day then go to crap the next?

·
RPG Gamer
4,230 Posts
Have anyone went back to an older version driver yet?
Try 301.25 instead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EVERYONE HAVING ISSUES, REVERT BACK TO 301.25.

It fixed all my issues, games play great and Fluidmark has been running for 10 minutes with no issues now!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spoke too soon, as soon as I posted that I minimized my window to look at fluidmark and it crashed.

Although it seems to be more stable, it still isn't stable and I will still be continuing my RMA process......drats.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems if I change the power target to 122%, set the GPU clock to MINUS 125 Mhz and the Memory to MINUS 100Mhz it is stable in FluidMark, and 3dMark.

I wonder if eVga just upped the clocks on normal cards that were not able to cut it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spoke too soon, as soon as I posted that I minimized my window to look at fluidmark and it crashed.

Although it seems to be more stable, it still isn't stable and I will still be continuing my RMA process......drats.

·
Banned
11,146 Posts
I would try a reinstall of windows like some others said, often that is the only thing you can do when you go from AMD to Nvidia and the other way around.

Usually does the trick! If not, RMA!

Good luck
smile.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like eVga will be taking in the cards and offering replacements/upgrades. Hopefully they will have me taken care of this week as my rig will be down until the new card arrives if that's how the cross-ship works.

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
I already contacted EVGA about my RMA and they offered me cross shipping. I believe they pay for shipping to them, so you won't lose out on anymore money. And yes, my card ran well for a while and then went to crap.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like we are all being upgraded to FTW cards with complementary Advanced RMAs. Hopefully my card will be arriving Tuesday/Wednesday and I'll be gaming on the weekend with an even faster card.
thumb.gif

For the Vanilla 670 owners, they are just sending out Vanilla 670 replacements.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBrantley View Post

Looks like we are all being upgraded to FTW cards with complementary Advanced RMAs. Hopefully my card will be arriving Tuesday/Wednesday and I'll be gaming on the weekend with an even faster card.
thumb.gif

For the Vanilla 670 owners, they are just sending out Vanilla 670 replacements.
How do you know your all getting the FTW cards replacements? :O Also they sending the card first?

and how do know Vanillas are getting Vanilla cards?
What did you say to them!

So many questions!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tran,
This is the email I received pertaining to my situation.
Quote:
Hello,

You are receiving this email in response to the recent troubles you have been experiencing with your EVGA GTX 670. In order to best assist you, I have set up a complimentary EVGA Advanced RMA to have replacement cards sent out to you, along with prepaid shipping labels to send the faulty cards back to us with.

Please read over the EVGA Advanced RMA procedures and details here at http://www.evga.com/ear/. If you had a Superclocked card, we'll be upgrading your cards to the FTW versions of the 670, which should alleviate the issues you're having. As for users with Vanilla 670's, those will be replaced with a fully functional model of the 670 therein.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know. You should receive details shortly concerning the RMA submission/approval process and feel free to call us anytime at 1-888-881-3842.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts