Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got done building a new computer, I go to plug the EVGA P2 1000 power supply in and nothing happens. The fan isn't turning on and neither is the computer.

I've checked all connections and they seem to be solid.

I have a Cruzer USB stick plugged in for Ubuntu as the OS and it flashes for a quick second when I switch the Ecoboost switch on the back and that's it, nothing else is turning on.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Using an Asrock X99m Extreme4 mobo.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
The PSU comes with a small plug you can put at the end of the 24 pin cable and that plug will jump start the PSU.
If it does not start by using that then its a DOA and you have to return it and get a new one.

Looks like this

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update, I forgot to plug the powerswitch in, the system including the power supply kicks on for a couple of seconds and then shuts off

Any idea what the issue is now?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok new update, the quick on/off seems to only happen when I have the power switch hooked up as Normally Closed

If I move the cable to Normally Open the computer stays on, but for some reason not recognizing the monitor via Display Port

Any ideas on what to do next?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Did you try what shilka asked?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the time I checked this thread I had it up and running, so all is well as far as the power supply is concerned.

I also figured out I had the monitor set to Display Port instead of Mini Display port, that's why I wasn't seeing anything on the screen.

Now I can boot to bios and get my Ubuntu USB to load the boot menu, but when I try to use Ubuntu without installing it I seem to be hitting a road block, still a little research and playing around I guess

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Now the fun starts. Have a +rep for figuring it out. Lots of stuff to learn here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts