Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enterprise have been kind enough to make us folders a channel of our own in the OCN Ventrilo. If you are not registered for the OCN Vent then go here (http://www.overclock.net/overclock-n...ction-use.html) and read the thread and then PM Enterprise (in the format listed in the thread please) and he will set you up in the vent with the password of your choosing. Hope to see you guys on there soon =D

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Lawrence,I know I could take some time and figure this out but what is the Ventrilo and is this a good method to keep abrest of site news?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCCstudent View Post
Lawrence,I know I could take some time and figure this out but what is the Ventrilo and is this a good method to keep abrest of site news?
yes... you really could. Google/wikipedia has the answers.

Ventrilo is for voice communication. We can get on the server, and all talk together. It will keep a bunch of the off-topic conversation off the forums if people would use it. I will probably start to log on more.

It can also be helpful when people have problems... we can talk them through getting things working

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trash talk and friendly banter is welcome and encouraged as long as it stays tasteful and doesn't get out of hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epona View Post
Trash talk here we come.

I have to agree that Ventrilo is a great way to talk people through problems because something seems to get lost in posting on a forum. It's much easier to talk to someone and explain something in 1 minute than to type a post (and hope they understand) and hopefully have there problem resolved in a day. If you want more info about Ventrilo you can go Here and get all the info that you need. Make sure to download the client (make sure you get the one for your OS (32 bit or 64 bit and which OS you have). Hope this was of great help to you =D

Quote:

Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3 View Post
yes... you really could. Google/wikipedia has the answers.

Ventrilo is for voice communication. We can get on the server, and all talk together. It will keep a bunch of the off-topic conversation off the forums if people would use it. I will probably start to log on more.

It can also be helpful when people have problems... we can talk them through getting things working

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow that's great... Thanks for that link. I will be sure to check it frequently. BTW guys I am currently on vent =D

Oh and I just went and looked at the link in your sig to your new work bench and I have to say man, That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I would get divorced and marry that thing man. Grats on having that quality piece of workmanship crafted for you. I can only Imagine how much that must have cost you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post
You can use this page to view who is in Vent at any time:

Linky

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATFISH View Post
You can use this page to view who is in Vent at any time:

Linky
Awesome... bookmarked

I see you lawrencendlw.

Im busy now, but I will check it out tonight when I get home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrencendlw View Post
Trash talk and friendly banter is welcome and encouraged as long as it stays tasteful and doesn't get out of hand.
Right. You still need to follow OCN's rules.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Hmm I might have to get another headset then. I could see making use of this more for assisting folks than trash talking. Not that I would pass on that opportunity either.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man as much as you and I trash talk in the BBB thread I'm positive that you will be the first kicked off for getting out of hand lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy View Post
Hmm I might have to get another headset then. I could see making use of this more for assisting folks than trash talking. Not that I would pass on that opportunity either.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
I think I'mma go ahead and let mmx+ be the liason for Vent.

I'll stick to text, thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts

No Linux client

Might see if I can get it working in my WinFLP VM

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Was k4 serious? kinda rough. "yes you really could" excuse me for asking,surely not the most inappropriate question, but never pass up a chance to dump on a team member.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCCstudent View Post
Was k4 serious? kinda rough. "yes you really could" excuse me for asking,surely not the most inappropriate question, but never pass up a chance to dump on a team member.

I was simply agreeing with you that yes, you really could look it up yourself, and then I told you what it was. If you didn't want that, you shouldn't have even said that you could look it up on your own.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts