Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Anyone wondering why demos for recent games such as Battlefield 2142 aren't working need look no farther then their version of DirectX. People using a version earlier then the October 2006 version may have lots of problems with the game, and the game might not even run. As more and more games require the latest version of DirectX, it's probably a good idea to upgrade.

http://www.theinq.com/default.aspx?article=35307

·
Registered
787 Posts
Lol I remember getting a message that said i was mising some dx3dcfg.dll, or something like that. Then I reinstalled some updates and all was well.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
It might make blood money run faster (just got it today)

Good job

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
I dislike that managed DirectX crap. To keep memory requirements low, I drag the required updated DX files into the game folders.

Ahh...I'm so stingy with my RAM!

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Uhhh...am I missing something? Wouldn't that be Directx 9d?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
When you install a new version of DX do you remove the old one or does it just take care fo that?

pink

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
When you install a new version of DX do you remove the old one or does it just take care fo that?

pink
The updates to DirectX add more and more files onto your computer. Every game uses different versions, so you can end up with hundreds of megabytes of DX files. If you play the right combination of games without rebooting, they all get loaded into memory.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
You really are stingy with your memory arent you lol.

pink

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If this fixes my flight simulator problem I will be eternallly greatful. I never did get any help *cough cough* please look on my sig

1 - 12 of 12 Posts