Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm pretty sure. I'm really confused and annoyed because it's pre built and running like **** in comparison to whats its supposed to do..

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,397 Posts
Are there any other programs running in the background taking up resources?

Is the system overclocked?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the system isn't overclocked the gpu is always at 30 degrees but my system is capable of being overclocked I'm just not really sure how

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
maybe they forgot the motherboard drivers???

Can you fill in all your specs?

And if it was pre build, go back to the store and tell them?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do you have a link to the place you bought it from?

Do you know what the psu is?

Install MSI Afterburner game and post a screen shot of what it says.

Is it possible you are using the igpu?

If its always at 30C either, you have the best 760 ever made or its not getting utilized.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Seems to me like the following is the issue:
- You don't have any proper driver for your GTX 760.
- You use the Integrated GPU (intel HD Graphics) instead of the GTX 760.
- You placed your HDMI/DVI cable at the integrated DVI/HDMI output on the motherboard and not on your Graphics Card.

·
Registered
227 Posts
1: Make sure the video cable is plugged into the video card.

If that's not it...

1: Scan for viruses and malware.
2: Update ALL drivers, chipset drivers, and bios.
3: Defragment your hdd(s).

Still have the problem?

You mentioned it was pre-built? Who built it? Call them and tell them their pc is trash.

Give us all of the specs, including software installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you mean by that because I just plugged my monitor onto the back of the computer lol? I don't understand sorry I'm realaly new with pcs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenDShort View Post

What do you mean by that because I just plugged my monitor onto the back of the computer lol? I don't understand sorry I'm realaly new with pcs
I believe that would be the problem then
smile.gif
You have the motherboard cutout for the I/O panel, there is probably a HDMI and VGA/DVI output connection - the motherboard IO is the one going vertical. Your graphics card output is however the one horizontal. Have a look here:

Red Arrow = Motherboard I/O
Green Arrow = Graphics Card I/O (where you should connect your display cable)

• Rep+
Reactions: aHumanBeing

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmark View Post

plug your monitor into the back of your 760 if it inst already .
Ha! Didn't even think of mentioning this. Guess it just seems like common sense when you've been working with PCs for a while... would be an easy beginner mistake though
biggrin.gif

·
Subarashii Mortal
1,052 Posts
PC doesn't usually turns on if you put the vga / dvi cable in the motherboard with graphic card installed.
Post the link of where you bought it from if you bought it online. Post a screenshot of My Computer > Properties.

From the looks of it, if your 760 is staying at 30C, seems like it's being used so check if thats the case.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by estabya View Post

Ha! Didn't even think of mentioning this. Guess it just seems like common sense when you've been working with PCs for a while... would be an easy beginner mistake though
biggrin.gif
Well once upon a time there were only like one output for the monitor - so for people new at the "market" it can be confusing with all the outputs in the back
smile.gif

·
Registered
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLautner View Post

PC doesn't usually turns on if you put the vga / dvi cable in the motherboard with graphic card installed.
Post the link of where you bought it from if you bought it online. Post a screenshot of My Computer > Properties.

From the looks of it, if your 760 is staying at 30C, seems like it's being used so check if thats the case.
With the igpus I'm pretty sure it does, graphics card goes into a power saving mode and is used for compute tasks (that would be an example usage).

It can be disabled through the bios though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLautner View Post

Really depends on operating system and motherboard
smile.gif
Most likely on Windows 8 with the newer boards such as the Z77 and the Z87 it does.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts