Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not New to Overclock.net
9,207 Posts
Dream Rig? maybe. but really i would have got a smaller 1440p screen 3770K and HD 7970.. and of course a less flashy psu

·
Not New to Overclock.net
9,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinDaDragon View Post

Why order a TV? Why not go with a smaller, but better display?

And dammmmmnnnn that PSU. My eyes!

Nice rig though
That's what happens when Inexperienced people buy a computer based on LOOKS
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzinho View Post

That's what happens when Inexperienced people buy a computer based on LOOKS
rolleyes.gif
I hope that was sarcatic.. but anyway the TV I bought not for the gaming concept I bought it so I can watch TV and use my xbox on it and use my PC.

the Rosewill psu had great reviews and I like LED's and all that jazz.. plus there were no bad reviews. My last rig had a corsair but I like the modular design in the rosewill, I was wanting to go for looks for the case.

It IS possible to get good looking and good quality stuff
smile.gif
I know I won't be unhappy with this build lol

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xecutionr View Post

I hope that was sarcatic.. but anyway the TV I bought not for the gaming concept I bought it so I can watch TV and use my xbox on it and use my PC.

the Rosewill psu had great reviews and I like LED's and all that jazz.. plus there were no bad reviews. My last rig had a corsair but I like the modular design in the rosewill, I was wanting to go for looks for the case.

It IS possible to get good looking and good quality stuff
smile.gif
I know I won't be unhappy with this build lol
Yea and reviews also say CoD is a good game.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
Ehh a lot of inbalanced components here....
PSU really isn't a good quality PSU, newegg reviews are normally a joke. I would not base my purchases on newegg reviews.

720p TV was kind of a mistake, you should have gotten a 1080p TV, it will make a difference, and not too much higher in price. You spent too much on beefing up the mobo and too little on the GPU, It is a "Gaming" rig, you should spend less money on a CPU/Mobo combination than on a graphics card. A graphics card is the most important part of a gaming rig.
redface.gif

Yes, you will and should be happy with it. But next time you should really ask for suggestions on the forums or do a little more research.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the constructive critisism and to be honest I looked at all the gpus and I overclock too so I was going to over clock my gpu some and I do more than just gaming, guess I should have out that out there too. I repair pcs and do data transfers so I was looking at the mobo for sata3 6gbs with usb3 ports the CPU I grabbed it from researching on the best "bang for the buck" yeah I could've spent 2k on it but I really didnt want to I guess it's tailored for me and of course not everyone out there will want the same thing. I was about to go with the sabertooth z77 but I thought that was a bit much. I mainly play WoW

And I'm upgrading from a gtx 260 that pumped out 110FPS on WoW with my wolfdale e8400 core 2 duo 3.0ghz lol

What I really wanted for the monitor was a dual setup but I also wanted to use my Xbox an watch cable so I gave into the TV and its pretty damn nice lol I can't complain about the quality.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When you advertise a rig that the community didn't help build this is what you can expect!
tongue.gif
Even if they did help they would still complain
biggrin.gif
From what I can tell you won't be dissapointed but you will be the expert on that.

Look on the bright side, if that PSU can run at rated specs you should be able to run Tri 660's
thumb.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.