Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after purchasing a new Graphics card at Christmas this year. I will have about £350 then to buy one. at the moment I would go for the ATI Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition, however I have heard that there might be a new ATI graphics card series out by then.

If so would there be any major diferences or should I just stick with the X850
(Current Card: X600 Pro)

·
Registered
386 Posts
ill say get a 6800GT a XFX coz XFX cores are handpicked and overclock the crap out of it and you will have around a £100 to keep! :) well worth card!

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg

I am after purchasing a new Graphics card at Christmas this year. I will have about £350 then to buy one. at the moment I would go for the ATI Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition, however I have heard that there might be a new ATI graphics card series out by then.

If so would there be any major diferences or should I just stick with the X850
(Current Card: X600 Pro)

If you're going to be buying in Christmas I wouldnt worry about it too much at this moment... You can look at what's out by then and decide.

The X850 PE will still be a great card a year from now, but whatever ATI puts at the top of their list when their next gen of cards comes out is definitely gonna be better.

·
Registered
386 Posts
the Geforce Ultra is better i reckon!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
actaully, the x600pro sucks horribly...its a little better then a 9600pro... i know cuz i had one. get yourself a 6800gt asap, and u will have such a huge upgrade ull be stunned.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I say get the R520 or R543, the R520 will be out mid this year and the R543 will be out by mid to late this year. The R543 is a bit unknown and might not come out but the R520 has been finalised. It's probably be called the X1000(PE) or X950(PE)

·
Registered
131 Posts
yea but how much is he willing to blow on this card? because it's going to cost a lot if he gets it right when it comes out, and if a lot of people want it it will be hard to find for a decent price

1 - 10 of 10 Posts