Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I'm getting a new graphics card this weekend and I have some quick questions about it. Now right now I have a PNY GeForce FX 5700LE and I'm upgrading to a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. I want to know if there is going to be any sort of conflict going from Nvidia to Radeon within my system. I hadn't planned on going to Radeon but it's a good card and I'm getting it for $25 bucks!
So I just want to know if any sort of remnant driver or something could cause conflicts even after unistalling them before I put the card in. Even If there is a conflict I would like to know any way that I can get rid of the problem without Reformatting. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Quote:

I hadn't planned on going to Radeon but it's a good card and I'm getting it for $25 bucks!

dirty communist!

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is a good upgrade, i didnt have any problems when moving from fx5220 to radeon 9600 XT, check guru3d they have a lot of nvidia apps, and in one of their downloads comes a driver cleaner that shows wahat its a bout to get deleted

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright cool will do so. lol and In responce to NOS's post, I'm getting it cheap because my friends upgrading to a X800XT so he wont be needing the 9800 Pro anymore. I was going to save up for a 6800 but that would take too long. Also the 9800 has never been OC'd which means you know
he he

1 - 7 of 7 Posts