Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking about selling my 9800gtx and the water block i have on it and going to an ati card for some crossfirex goodness, but i don't know what to get. should i be looking for:

2x 4850's
1x(for now) 4870 (1gb variety)
1x 4850x2
1x 4870x2

all i have as far as money goes is my 9800gtx and the xspc water block for it ( i have stuff i need to pay off) so i think the last two shouldn't even be considered. i'm looking at a card that will give me either the same performance or maybe a little bit better.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr papadakalis View Post
do you guys think that someone would trade me my 9800gtx for a 4870?
If you give them like $30 maybe.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by br3nd064
View Post

If you give them like $30 maybe.

I dont know about that, seems kinda low.

A 4870 512 maybe as long as it is a good water block(I know nothing about WC) would be a good trade with some cash on your end. I think your better off just selling with the stock cooler and then sell the block separately.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr papadakalis
View Post

i'm thinking about selling my 9800gtx and the water block i have on it and going to an ati card for some crossfirex goodness, but i don't know what to get. should i be looking for:

2x 4850's
1x(for now) 4870 (1gb variety)
1x 4850x2
1x 4870x2

all i have as far as money goes is my 9800gtx and the xspc water block for it ( i have stuff i need to pay off) so i think the last two shouldn't even be considered. i'm looking at a card that will give me either the same performance or maybe a little bit better.

Get a 4870X2 and btw, your avatar is brilliant!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts